Dale Jr., Gordon dominate best-selling die-casts of 2015
Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff Gordon absolutely dominated die-cast sales this season.
According to Lionel Racing, the Hendrick Motorsports teammates combined for 9 of the top 10 best-selling cars of 2015. The lone driver not named Earnhardt or Gordon? None other than Gordon’s successor, Chase Elliott.
"Since we began publishing our top 10 list in 2011, we haven’t seen such a dominant performance by two drivers as we have this year," said Howard Hitchcock, President of Lionel Racing. "Their sales numbers are a testament both to their impact on the sport and their ability to connect with the most passionate NASCAR fans – our collectors – in a big way."
Here’s the full list:
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 Nationwide Insurance Chevrolet
2. Jeff Gordon. No. 24 Axalta Rainbow Chevrolet
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 Mountain Dew/Dewshine Chevrolet
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 Nationwide Insurance/Talladega Win Chevrolet
5. Jeff Gordon No. 24 3M Chevrolet
6. Chase Elliott No. 25 NAPA Chevrolet
7. Jeff Gordon No. 24 Axalta/Homestead Chevrolet
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 Nationwide Insurance/Stars and Stripes Daytona Win Chevrolet
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 Valvoline Chevrolet
10. Jeff Gordon No. 24 AARP Member Advantages/Martinsville Win Chevrolet