BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. All times EST.
– DORAL, Fla. – Patrick Reed has a two-shot lead going into the final round of the Cadillac Championship. Tiger Woods is three behind, his first time this year with a chance to win on Sunday.
– LAS VEGAS – Defending champ Matt Kenseth and points leader Dale Earnhardt Jr. headline the field at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for NASCAR’s third race of the season. It’s the first true test of NASCAR’s offseason changes designed to improve racing on 1.5-mile tracks. Starts 3 p.m.
– ST. LOUIS – Second-ranked Wichita State goes for 34-0, which would match the longest streak to start the season in NCAA history, against Indiana State in the Missouri Valley Conference tournament title game. The Shockers are the lone unbeaten team in the nation and beat the Sycamores by seven points on the road and by 20 at home. Game starts 2 p.m.
– COLLEGE PARK, Md. – Maryland plays its final regular-season basketball game in the Atlantic Coast Conference, hosting No. 5 Virginia in what promises to be an emotional matchup for both teams. Game starts 12 p.m.
– GREENSBORO, N.C. – The second-ranked Notre Dame women look to stay unbeaten and complete a 19-0 run through the Atlantic Coast Conference when they face No. 10 Duke in the conference tournament championship game. The Fighting Irish won the two regular-season meetings with the Blue Devils by a combined 32 points. Game starts 7 p.m.
– FORT MYERS, Fla. – Top-seeded Florida Gulf Coast looks to get back to the NCAA tournament when it plays host to second-seeded Mercer in the Atlantic Sun title game. Game starts 2 p.m.