White Sox: What Team Is Better Trading Partner, Braves or Dodgers?
White Sox could trade its ace to a number of interested teams, but which NL teams could present the better package? Braves reportedly interested in All-Star, Dodgers could become involved.
The Chicago White Sox still haven’t publicly declared they will be rebuilding this offseason, but signs point to the team trading some star players. There have been rumors of the Sox fielding offers for players with three years or less of team control.
- 11/22 – White Sox: What Team Is Better Trading Partner, Braves or Dodgers?
- 11/21 – White Sox, Dodgers Could Be Trading Partners This Offseason
- 11/20 – Rumor: Atlanta Braves Focused on Acquiring Chris Sale
- 11/20 – Role Reversal: Could White Sox Acquire Chris Sale?
- 11/19 – White Sox: Do the Blue Jays Match Up Well In Trade for Adam Eaton?
This could put many players on the trading block such as Todd Frazier, David Robertson, Melky Cabrera and Chris Sale. With Sale, the Sox could fetch a huge return in a trade. However, what team could present the Sox with a fantastic trade offer for Sale, or even other players?
The Braves have been rumored to being interested in Sale, and they’re opening a new ballpark next season. Could Atlanta offer a package of prospects good enough to lure Sale away from the Sox? Better question might be are the Braves willing to meet a potential high asking price for Sale?
Atlanta has some nice prospects that could fit well into the Sox farm system and on the major league team. But the Braves could be reluctant to part with many of those prospects as they’ve done a great job rebuilding their farm system. The Sox need depth and a trade of Sale to the Braves can help in this regard. Players such as Ozzie Albies, Sean Newcomb and Kolby Allard could fit into the Sox farm system.
While the Braves might be hesitant to trade many top prospects for Sale, the Dodgers could possibly part with some of their top young players. Los Angeles is not only in need of another starting pitcher, but they could also need a third baseman and a closer for next season. This is where they could match up well in a trade with the Sox.
The Sox could certainly use some of the Dodgers top prospects in their farm system. Players such as Cody Bellinger, Jose DeLeon, Alex Verdugo and Willie Calhoun could bolster the Sox farm system overnight. The Dodgers could be more willing to part with their top prospects in a package deal with the Sox for Sale, Frazier and Robertson. Although this isn’t an actual trade in progress, it looks like a great potential trade between both teams.
The Sox are still in a good position this offseason as they have some viable trade candidates, and could possibly upgrade their farm system with the right trade. It will be up to the front office to fully execute on a solid trade. No matter what team the Sox potentially trade with if they rebuild, they have to do their homework to ensure a solid return.
More from Southside Showdown
- White Sox, Dodgers Could Be Trading Partners This Offseason1 d ago
- Rumor: Atlanta Braves Focused on Acquiring Chris Sale1 d ago
- Role Reversal: Could White Sox Acquire Chris Sale?2d ago
- White Sox: Do the Blue Jays Match Up Well In Trade for Adam Eaton?2d ago
- White Sox: Will Jose Quintana be Traded this Offseason?3d ago