Rick Hahn Hints White Sox Expected to Rebuild This Offseason
White Sox rumored to be sellers this offseason. With solid trade assets, will team be able to make quality trades to replenish farm system?
The Chicago White Sox are reportedly going to be sellers this offseason according to Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com. Although Hayes didn’t implicate this would actually be the case, he stated all signs are pointing to the Sox selling this offseason.
This might not be good news for many Sox fans, but it shows the organization is finally choosing a direction they want to go in. With recent rebuilding efforts by the Houston Astros and Chicago Cubs leading to success, the Sox could very well become contenders in the near future if they rebuild this offseason.
- 11/9 – Rick Hahn Hints White Sox Expected to Rebuild This Offseason
- 11/8 – White Sox: Making the Case for Rebuilding the Organization
- 11/8 – Hot Stove: Can White Sox Sign Any Solid Free Agents?
- 11/7 – White Sox: Top 5 Moments at U.S. Cellular Field
- 11/7 – Could White Sox Start Rebuilding Roster This Offseason?
The Sox haven’t reached the postseason since 2008, and the last two seasons have been frustrating for fans. The organization attempted to build contenders with stopgap efforts and failed miserably. Now the Sox are stuck in the inevitable position of attempting to contend next season, or completely rebuilding this offseason.
With a solid core of players in Chris Sale, Jose Quintana, Jose Abreu and Adam Eaton, the Sox could very well trade each player in the upcoming weeks. For Sox fans who have grown accustomed to seeing these players on the South Side, it might be time to get some new favorite Sox players. The Sox failed to surround this core with solid players, and now they’re paying the price for their incompetency.
Can’t say definitively, bc Rick Hahn qualified everything w/ “regardless of which direction” taken — but all signs say #WhiteSox will sell.
— Dan Hayes (@CSNHayes) November 8, 2016
If the Sox do rebuild this offseason, they still have some young players they can build its future team around. Tim Anderson, Carlos Rodon and Carson Fulmer could be viewed as the next core for this Sox team moving forward. It will be up to the front office to finally get its act together and build a winning team for the future.
Whatever direction the Sox ultimately go in, they need to convince fans to come to the ballpark next season. If the Sox do rebuild, expect more losing seasons on the south side with some growing pains. Its not like Sox fans aren’t used to it by now.
More from Southside Showdown
- White Sox: Making the Case for Rebuilding the Organization18h ago
- Hot Stove: Can White Sox Sign Any Solid Free Agents?23h ago
- White Sox: Top 5 Moments at U.S. Cellular Field1 d ago
- Could White Sox Start Rebuilding Roster This Offseason?2d ago
- White Sox Can Contend Next Season Without Sacrificing Draft Pick2d ago