Red Sox Nation memberships on sale now on team’s website
Membership cards to join Red Sox Nation are now on sale at the team’s website, which include a variety of perks for die-hard fans to enjoy.
Are you a member of Red Sox Nation? If not, there’s an easy way to rectify that.
Any fan of the Boston Red Sox considers themselves apart of this group, but apparently it’s not official unless you buy your way in.
The team announced that Red Sox Nation memberships for the 21017 season are now on sale, which can be purchased online at the team’s official website.
— Boston Red Sox (@RedSox) February 2, 2017
For the reasonable annual price of $14.95, fans can enjoy the following perks:
- Personalized membership card
- Red Sox Nation Decal
- 2017 MLB.com Gameday Audio for your computer
- Special early entry and access to Green Monster to view Red Sox batting practice (with valid game ticket)*
- Eligible for seat upgrades and benefits (with valid game ticket)*
- 10% discount on eligible purchases at the Red Sox Team Store*
- 10% discount on a single eligible purchase at the redsox.com Online Shop*
- Special redsox.com Shop offers throughout the season
- Exclusive access to members-only section on redsox.com
- RSN exclusive e-newsletters
- Exclusive photo gallery
- Eligible for RSN-only ticket opportunities*
Is this a shameless cash grab? Of course, but don’t act so surprised. After all, this is coming from an ownership group that once sold commemorative bricks to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park. John Henry’s group is running a business here and they’ll take advantage of any opportunity to make a buck.
- 2/2 – Red Sox: Sandy Leon undervalued in preseason rankings
- 2/2 – How good can Joe Kelly be in a full-season out of the bullpen?
- 2/1 – Red Sox: Top five center fielders in Boston’s franchise history
- 2/1 – Former Red Sox slugger Wily Mo Pena signs with the Indians
- 2/1 – Red Sox: Former pitchers that failed to live up to expectations
That being said, this is actually a pretty good deal. As silly as it sounds to force fans into paying to call themselves an “official” member of Red Sox Nation, it comes with plenty of benefits. For fans that plan on shopping at the team store, the membership can essentially pay for itself with the 10 percent discount.
If you plan on attending games this season, the access to watch batting practice from atop the Green Monster is a unique experience that makes the membership price more appealing. The opportunity to potentially upgrade seats could pay off as well.
Some may roll their eyes at the team’s attempt to pry more money out of their wallets, especially when tickets to a game at Fenway are already among the most expensive in Major League Baseball. That’s fair, but so is the price when you consider the benefits you can get with this membership.
Hey, it’s cheaper than a beer and a hot dog at Fenway. Possibly even more rewarding too.
Clearly it’s not for everyone, as fans that don’t shop at the team store or attend games won’t be able to take advantage of many of these perks. However, those that do can end up with a great deal, potentially making a membership to Red Sox Nation the best bang-for-your-buck offer fans can get.
More from BoSox Injection
- Red Sox: Sandy Leon undervalued in preseason rankings2h ago
- How good can Joe Kelly be in a full-season out of the bullpen?4h ago
- Red Sox: Top five center fielders in Boston’s franchise history22h ago
- Former Red Sox slugger Wily Mo Pena signs with the Indians1 d ago
- Red Sox: Former pitchers that failed to live up to expectations1 d ago