Fantasy baseball: Possible replacements for Nats’ Harper
Washington Nationals OF Bryce Harper had surgery on his thumb Tuesday and will be out until July. If your fantasy squad includes Harper, we’re ready to help you in your time of need. Based on FOXSports.com ownership percentages, here are some possible replacements that should cover your bases in most fornats:
• Chicago White Sox outfielder Alejandro De Aza (36.9 percent owned) hit 17 home runs with 84 runs scored and 20 stolen bases last season, and appears ready for a repeat campaign.
• Ben Revere (33.1 percent owned) won’t provide any of Harper’s power, but the Philadelphia center fielder is tearing it up on the bases with nine steals. So is New York Mets speedster Eric Young (10.2 percent owned), who has 12 stolen bases already.
• Marcell Ozuna (25.8 percent owned) has improved for the Miami Marlins, and looks headed for 15 home runs with a solid BA.
• Arizona outfielder Gerardo Parra (6.3 percent owned) had 10 homers, 10 steals and 79 runs scored last season, and is locked into an everyday role with Mark Trumbo out.
• Miami’s Garrett Jones (2.4 percent owned) has four home runs, and will probably hit 20-25 for the season.
• Harper’s real-life replacement, Nate McLouth (0.8 percent owned), had 12 homers and 30 steals for the Nats last season, and could be available in NL-only leagues.
• Cameron Maybin (0.2 percent owned), who we mentioned yesterday, is back from the DL and into an everyday role for the San Diego Padres. When healthy, he’s a 10-homer, 30-steal kind of guy.
• Arizona’s Tony Campana (0.1 percent owned) doesn’t play a lot, but has four steals so far in a reserve role.