KC Royals: The week in review
The best Royals-related articles we read this past week
Good week for the Boys in Blue.
Kansas City signed left-handed slugger Brandon Moss early in the week and reportedly are set to add right-handed starter Jason Hammel on a deal agreed to Sunday.
Here’s the most interesting pieces we read this week regarding the Royals, the A.L. Central and baseball in general:
- Bleading Royals Blue looks at the Royals 2017 roster and projected production from Kansas City starters.
- Max Rieper at Royals Review throws out a few names Kansas City should look at to bolster its bullpen.
More from Kings of Kauffman
- Royals reportedly sign Jason Hammel to two-year, $12 million deal1 h ago
- KC Royals: Fans, players remember Ventura at 2017 FanFest1 h ago
- KC Royals: Are Strikeout-Prone Sluggers The New Market Inefficiency?2d ago
- KC Royals: Who makes the 25-man Opening Day roster?5d ago
- KC Royals: Key players off the bench5d ago
- Mike Axisa looks at how the Royals move on after Yordano Ventura’s death and how different the makeup of the current offense is from the 2014-15 pennant-winning teams.
- Sports on Earth’s Cliff Corcoran lists Royals’ non-roster invitees Jonathan Sanchez and Brandon League as eight of the most interesting veterans looking to find their way back to the big leagues.
- Craig Brown at BP Kansas City declares the kings of contact dead.
- Charlie Wilmoth of MLB Trade Rumors seems to like the deal the Royals signed Jason Hammel to.
- We looked at the Royals’ 25-man roster and where the most interesting battles look to be come spring training.
- James Dornbrook of the Kansas City Business Journal reports on the Royals’ partnership with Boulevard Brewing.
- Spring training preview from FanRag’s John Perrotto. He projects Raul Mondesi as the Royals’ starting second baseman when the season starts.
- Jeff Sullivan at FanGraphs projects the Royals to again be one of the best defensive teams in baseball.