David Ortiz just got his best retirement gift yet
The retirement tour isn’t over for Big Papi.
For the first time in 19 years, David Ortiz has enjoyed an offseason without having to worry about getting ready for Spring Training. He might not be busy, but he won’t be taking things slowly after the Boston Red Sox ownership group bought him a Mercedes-AMG S63.
Article continues below ...
A video posted by David Ortiz (@davidortiz) on Feb 1, 2017 at 7:46pm PST
The car goes 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and retails at $145,625, so it’s pretty nice if you’re into that kind of thing. No word on how much John Henry and company spent to have it custom-detailed in Miami, though.
Even though Pedro still thinks Ortiz will play in 2017, it seems as though his retirement is going pretty well so far.
More from BoSox Injection
- Red Sox Nation memberships on sale now on team’s website48m ago
- Red Sox: Sandy Leon undervalued in preseason rankings3h ago
- How good can Joe Kelly be in a full-season out of the bullpen?5h ago
- Red Sox: Top five center fielders in Boston’s franchise history23h ago
- Former Red Sox slugger Wily Mo Pena signs with the Indians1 d ago