Chicago Cubs: All eyes are on baseball following the Super Bowl
Following another amazing season of professional football, it’s time for the Chicago Cubs to get back to work. The World Series champs have a lot of work to do in hopes of another historic run.
First off, I just want to congratulate Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. Although this Chicago Cubs fan was pulling for the Atlanta Falcons, that game was amazing. Honestly, you could compare last night’s Super Bowl to Game 7 of the World Series.
At first, it looked as if Brady and the Patriots were going to get steamrolled by that young Falcons team. From going down 14-0 to Brady throwing a pick-six which made it 21-0, everything was going Atlanta’s way.
Now, I’m aware our readers are here for news about our Cubs but you can’t help but talk about what happened last night.
- 2/5 – Chicago Cubs: Does Mike Montgomery get the starting nod in 2017?
- 2/5 – Chicago Cubs sign pitcher Williams Perez to minor-league deal
- 2/4 – Chicago Cubs: Why Kyle Schwarber should be behind the plate in 2017
- 2/4 – Chicago Cubs: Big season leads to big hope for Clifton
- 2/4 – Chicago Cubs News: A letter to Falcons’ fans; Coghlan signs with Phillies
Atlanta’s defensive line applied a ton of pressure on Tom which resulted in him throwing that huge interception. After awhile, New England’s offensive line appeared to have the upper hand, providing enough time for Tom to find his targets down field.
When it was all said and done, fans of both teams and the sport itself witnessed the greatest championship game in league history. With that being said, Game 7 still sits at the top of my list.
History, repeating itself?
Considering the fact that it led to the end of the longest drought in sports history. So, let’s close the book on football and turn our attention to baseball. Like it wasn’t there in the first place, right?
This season is going to bring higher hopes for a team that defied the odds. Watching Joe Maddon and those boys take the field is something we have been waiting for. Honestly, I’ve been staring at the calendar every day wishing time would speed up.
I’m sure that sounds a little obsessive but I can’t be the only one. The Chicago Bears have been attempting to find their groove, so Cubs baseball has provided our fan base with fresh air.
Aside from being World Series contenders, a handful of names could be up for yearly awards after each season. For example, Kyle Hendricks, Javier Baez, Jason Heyward, Kyle Schwarber, Anthony Rizzo, Willson Contreras, Kris Bryant, Jake Arrieta, Jon Lester, and even, Maddon, just to name a few.
The future is bright for this organization. Oh, and the same goes for the Atlanta Falcons. So keep your chin up, Falcons’ fans. You guys will be back soon enough.
More from Cubbies Crib
- Chicago Cubs: Does Mike Montgomery get the starting nod in 2017?8h ago
- Chicago Cubs sign pitcher Williams Perez to minor-league deal13h ago
- Chicago Cubs: Why Kyle Schwarber should be behind the plate in 20171 d ago
- Chicago Cubs: Big season leads to big hope for Clifton1 d ago
- Chicago Cubs News: A letter to Falcons’ fans; Coghlan signs with Phillies1 d ago