Sporting KC announces three more regular-season matches
The Sporting Kansas City regular-season schedule has grown by three games — two at home, one on the road.
The club announced Friday that games will be played Sept. 19 (vs. FC Dallas), Sept. 23 (vs. Orlando City SC) and Sept. 27 (at Colorado Rapids). Until Friday, the schedule had not extended beyond this Sunday’s game against Minnesota United. The Sept. 19 and Sept. 27 games will air on FOX Sports Kansas City.
Major League Soccer plans to play nine more regular-season matches from the start of October through Nov. 8. That would complete a 23-game regular season. Announcements about additional games will be made following an updated assessment of travel protocols.
Details on the three new games on the schedule:
|Day, Date||Opponent||Time (CT)||Network(s)|
|Saturday, Sept. 19||FC Dallas||2:30 p.m.||FOX Sports Kansas City, Univision, UniMas|
|Wednesday, Sept. 23||Orlando City SC||6:30 p.m.||FS1, FOX Deportes|
|Sunday, Sept. 27||at Colorado Rapids||8 p.m.||FOX Sports Kansas City|
MLS also announced the competition format for the MLS Cup Playoffs:
• MLS Cup is scheduled for Dec. 12.
• The postseason will consist of single-elimination matches hosted by the higher-seeded team and follow a straight bracket format through MLS Cup.
• As previously announced, 18 clubs will compete in the playoffs. Eight teams from the 12-team Western Conference will qualify for Round 1. In the 14-team Eastern Conference, the top six seeds will qualify for first-round action, while Eastern seeds 7-10 will compete in a play-in match to determine the other two first-round participants.
- FOX Sports Kansas City
- FOX Sports Kansas City - Programming
- FOX Sports Kansas City - Sporting Kansas City
- Sporting Kansas City