Royals ratings on FSKC reach all-time high, rank No. 1 in MLB
Kansas City Royals telecasts on FOX Sports Kansas City averaged an all-time high 12.3 household rating in 2015, the best for any MLB team on a regional sports network since 2002.
KANSAS CITY PRIME-TIME RATINGS DURING BASEBALL SEASON*
|Royals in prime time on FSKC||13.0|
|5 KCTV CBS||5.5|
|9 KMBC ABC||5.5|
|4 WDAF FOX||4.0|
|41 KSHB NBC||3.7|
|29 KCWE CW||1.1|
|* April 5-Oct. 4, 2015, 7-11 p.m.|
Royals local market ratings ranked No. 1 in MLB for the first time. Viewership rose 84 percent over last season, with similar increases for the Hy-Vee Royals Live pregame (+105 percent) and Boulevard Royals Live postgame shows (+89 percent).
Royals telecasts on FOX Sports Kansas City were the highest-rated, most-watched programming in Kansas City during baseball season. Prime-time games averaged a 13.0, 136 percent higher than the closest competitors.
FOX Sports Kansas City continues its coverage into the postseason with postgame shows after all playoff games.
FACTS AND FIGURES
• Royals games on FOX Sports Kansas City averaged an all-time best 12.3 rating/114,000 households in 2015.
• Highest local TV rating for an MLB team on a regional sports network since the 2002 Mariners (13.2).
• No. 1 in MLB.
• Up 84 percent from a 6.7 in 2014.
• Highest-rated game on FSKC: April 26 at White Sox (17.3).
• Most-watched moment: Sept. 24 when the Royals clinched the AL Central (23.1 rating/42 share/213,000 households).
• Highest-rated, most-watched programming in prime time in Kansas City during baseball season. Royals prime-time games on FSKC averaged a 13.0, outdistancing second-place KMBC-ABC and KCTV-CBS by 136 percent.
Data courtesy of Nielsen Media Research, through Sunday, Oct. 5; household ratings for the Kansas City DMA.