Dullahan won’t be running in Preakness
The owners of third-place Kentucky Derby finisher Dullahan say the colt won’t be running in the Preakness Stakes on May 19.
Donegal Racing managing partner Jerry Crawford says Friday that Dullahan will run next in the Belmont Stakes, the final leg of the Triple Crown races, on June 9.
Dullahan closed strongly in the Derby last week and finished less than two lengths behind the winner, I’ll Have Another. Bodemeister was second, a neck ahead of Dullahan.
Trainer Dale Romans says Dullahan came out of the Derby in good shape. But he says Dullahan could be a 3-year-old champion contender and Horse of the Year candidate, and ”his future is best served by not asking him to race for the third time in just five weeks in the Preakness.”