Tiger Woods pulls out of two more tournaments

AP/Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Tiger Woods’ battle to return to competitive golf found another hazard on Friday.

The golfing legend announced on his website that he will be pulling out of two more tournaments — the Genesis Open and the Honda Classic — due to continuing issues from back spasms.

Per Tigerwoods.com:

“My doctors have advised me not to play the next two weeks, to continue my treatment and to let my back calm down,” Tiger said. “This is not what I was hoping for or expecting. I am extremely disappointed to miss the Genesis Open, a tournament that benefits my foundation, and The Honda Classic, my hometown event. I would like to thank Genesis for their support, and I know we will have an outstanding week.”

The announcement comes after Woods pulled out of the Dubai Classic last week after shooting a 77 in the first round, also blaming back spasms.

“He said it’s not the nerve pain that’s kept him out for so long,” Tiger’s agent Mark Steinberg saida after the Dubai exit. “He just can’t get the back spasms to calm down.”