PGA Championship trivia quiz
How well do you know the history of the PGA Championship? Try
this trivia quiz.
1. What is the name of the PGA Championship prize?
a.) Havemeyer Trophy
b.) Hagen Cup
c.) Wanamaker Trophy
2. Who won the first PGA Championship in 1916?
a.) Walter Hagen
b.) Rodman Wanamker
c.) Jim Barnes
3. In which of the following states has the PGA Championship
never been played?
a.) Rhode Island
c.) West Virginia
4. Name the first player to win the PGA Championship
back-to-back when it was stroke play.
a.) Jack Nicklaus
b.) Tiger Woods
c.) Nick Price
5. Who was the oldest player to win the PGA Championship?
a.) Jerry Barber
b.) Sam Snead
c.) Julius Boros
6. Who is the only player to win the PGA Championship twice on
the same golf course?
a.) Tiger Woods
b.) Walter Hagen
c.) Paul Runyan
7. Who won the PGA Championship for his only PGA Tour-sanctioned
a.) Walter Burkemo
b.) Shaun Micheel
c.) Wayne Grady
8. Name the first American-born winner of the PGA
a.) Jim Barnes
b.) Jock Hutchison
c.) Walter Hagen
9. Name the player who shot 266, the second-lowest score in
major championship history, only to finish second in the PGA
a.) Phil Mickelson
b.) Colin Montgomerie
c.) Greg Norman.
10. Only two of the 10 players to shoot 63 in the PGA
Championship went on to win – at the same venue. Name the golf
b.) Southern Hills
c.) Olympia Fields
11. How did Vijay Singh earn a spot in the PGA Championship
record book with his 2004 victory at Whistling Straits.
a.) The highest final round by a champion.
b.) The first player to win a three-hole aggregate playoff.
c.) The first major champion to use a belly putter.
12. In which month has the PGA Championship never been held?
13. Name the only player to win and lose the PGA Championship in
a sudden-death playoff.
a.) Gay Brewer
b.) Gene Littler
c.) Lanny Wadkins
14. Who won the first PGA Championship when it was stroke
a.) Lionel Hebert
b.) Dow Finsterwald
c.) Gary Player
15. Who was the first player to win a PGA Championship in
a.) Gene Sarazen
b.) Henry Picard
c.) Vijay Singh
16. At which course did Jack Nicklaus win the PGA Championship
to break Bobby Jones’ record for most majors?
17. Name the player who twice has shot all four rounds in the
60s at the PGA Championship without winning.
a.) Jesper Parnevik
b.) Steve Lowery
c.) Ernie Els
18. Who has won the most professional majors without every
having won the PGA Championship?
a.) Bobby Jones
b.) Arnold Palmer
c.) Tom Watson