Buzz: Radio host offers bounty
Former Miami football player and current radio host Dan Sileo
has never shied away from controversy.
rumors about the Tampa Bay Bucs’ ownership and left one
station in 2012 after he
target="_blank">on-air meltdownafter Miami’s 52-13 loss
to Kansas State last year was
epic, and most recently, he was
made during his show.
Now, Sileo is finding himself in more hot water after sending
out a tweet offering a bounty to any Miami player who injures FSU
running back Devonta Freeman if and when the ‘Noles and
‘Canes meet in the ACC championship game.
Here are the tweets, since deleted but
A couple things: First, that’s not even Freeman who is
pictured in Sileo’s tweet. That’s defensive tackle
Timmy Jernigan throwing up the U after Florida State’s 41-14
Secondly, what makes Sileo so sure Miami will be playing in the
ACC Championship Game? UM still has four league games left, and
just a one-game lead in the division. (And Sileo saw how they
looked against North Carolina and Wake Forest, right?)
In any case, Sileo took to Twitter again later Sunday to
apologize — sort of — for the messages, assuring fans
that they were just a joke while also
disagree with him:
PEOPLE Im KIDDING about the 1000 ….GET A LIFE…………I
dont make a 1000 a week……I HATE WHAT THIS KID DID
Dan Sileo (@DanSileoShow)
sportamanship is important..ALWAYS!!!!!!
— Dan Sileo
All that remained to be seen was whether Sileo’s current
employer, 640 Sports, also thought it was funny.
Apparently, they did not, with reports coming Monday that he’d
Dan Sileo fired at 640-AM for offering a $1,000 bounty on an FSU
— Dave Hyde (@davehydesports)
Statement from WMEN says, re: Sileo’s bounty-related tweets, his
actions “have no place in sports.”
— Tim Reynolds
Now, for some links:
• Two planes crashed in mid-air and
were full of skydivers.
• A case concerning a fan hit with a hot dog at a Royals
• Brent Burns shaved his wild beard and raised $23K for
The finishing touches. Great work,
Sharks Foundation (@SharksCare)
• Lil’ Gary Pinkel got to meet real Gary Pinkel and
some players at the Mizzou game this weekend:
made a special little boy & his family very happy today! So
proud to be Tigers.
Jennifer Gray (@jendgray)
Mason! Happy birthday, Mason!
Randy Rhodes (@randy_rhodes123)
• Ditto for Lil’ Kliff Kingsbury:
I just HAD to find “Lil Kliff” (best Halloween costume ever) and
facilitate a surprise meeting w his idol
Erik Burkhardt (@ErikBurkhardt)
• Major League Baseball is threatening to
they don’t get the lease deal they want.
• Floyd Mayweather and Lindsay Lohan hung out on
me as Freddy hanging out at the best Halloween party I’ve ever been
to at MGM Foxwoods
Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather)
• The Nuggets mascot passed out while being lowered to the
floor from the stadium rafters:
• Randy Edsall’s wife was honored at Syracuse on Saturday,
but the Maryland coach had to
with NCAA rules.
• Reggie Jackson isn’t down with
describe David Ortiz.
• Anthony Swain got “hurt” Saturday against
• Well done, Bucks interns. Well done:
Our interns in charge of t-shirt coordination are excellent.
Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks)
• Rajon Rondo honored the Red Sox when he addressed the
crowd at a Celtics game:
Rondo grew a beard for Boston too! (via
Steve Noah (@Steve_OS)
• The FCC is looking to
• A student
midfield by Kansas State’s mascot.
• A Sacred Heart wide receiver fumbled, then caused a
fumble, then recovered that fumble and returned it for a touchdown,
all on the same play:
• Jameis Winston and Jimbo Fisher’s son have a
• Pat Sajak ripped the Philadelphia Flyers on Twitter:
Love hockey, but Flyers are part of reason it remains a niche
sport. Shameful tonight (including Philly radio team.)
Pat Sajak (@patsajak)
• Juan Martin del Potro was robbed while
the pope was among the items stolen.
• Some lunatic soccer fans
• Zlatan Ibrahimovic played tennis with Novak
• A-Rod was on the sidelines taking in FSU-Miami
Alex Rodriguez hanging on the Miami sideline during pregame
Carlos F. Pineda (@CarlosFPineda)
• Richard Sherman has a custom jersey made out of Gushers
• The Packers have no plans to
• An airplane mishap
State football coaches.
• When you win the World Series, I guess you earn the
right to buy a duck boat if that’s what you want to do:
fired up because he bought this boat. Yup, the whole thing. This is
our Ducking City!
Boston Red Sox (@RedSox)
• Victor Hedman scored on a ridiculous bank shot goal
• The Tebow-to-Jacksonville discussion just won’t
They want Timmy.
Marc Weiszer (@marcweiszer)
• Two former NFL players are
II Dixie State.
• Bill O’Brien
target="_blank">wore a Nittany Lion costume
target="_blank">wore a Nittany Lion costumeto Penn State’s
practice on Halloween.
• Here’s a guy getting a MetLife Stadium mohawk, for
by the football team when he fell over coming out of the