Predicting where the Louisville Football team will be ranked after week 8
We take a look at what the new AP Poll could look like after this weekend and where the Louisville football team could be ranked.
The Louisville football team answered the call against NC State in a huge way, as they beat the Wolfpack 54-13. Not to mention, Lamar Jackson had another incredible day.
It was an absolute beat down in Papa John Cardinal Stadium as Lamar Jackson threw for over 300 yards in the first half of football. In a game where the top rushing offense went up against the top rushing defense in the ACC, it was the Cardinals that came out on top in Louisville on Saturday afternoon.
With that being said, here is a review of how the top ten finished after the eighth weekend of the college football season:
- Alabama (7-0): Beat Texas A&M
- Ohio State (6-0): Lost to Penn State
- Michigan (6-0): Beat Illinois
- Clemson (7-0): Bye Week
- Washington (6-0): Beat Oregon State
- Texas A&M (6-0): Lost to Alabama
- Louisville (5-1): Beat NC State
- Nebraska (6-0): Beat Purdue
- Baylor (6-0): Bye Week
- Wisconsin (4-2): Beat Iowa
There were two huge losses in the top ten this weekend as the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Texas A&M Aggies lost. The Buckeyes loss to Penn State will surely hurt them in the new AP Poll and the college football playoff standings this season, which is huge for the Cardinals.
Here is our prediction for what the top ten could look like after the new Associated Press’ Poll is released this weekend.
- Alabama (8-0): Bye Week
- Michigan (7-0): At Michigan State
- Clemson (7-0): at #13 Florida State
- Washington (7-0): At #19 Utah
- Louisville (6-1): At Virginia
- Nebraska (7-0): At #10 Wisconsin
- Texas A&M (6-1): New Mexico State
- Baylor (6-0): At Texas
- Ohio State (6-1): Northwestern
- Wisconsin (5-2): #7 Nebraska
There won’t be any new teams in the top ten this weekend even though number 12 West Virginia is still 6-0.
The Buckeyes losing is huge for the Louisville football team. That loss could move the Cardinals back into the top five teams in the country with over a month of football left to play. Can you feel the college football playoff inching close Louisville fans?
Thanks to Penn State, the Houston loss doesn’t hurt the Cards very much at all.
More from Big Red Louie
- What the Houston loss could mean for Louisville Football’s playoff hopes38m ago
- 5 Louisville Football players to watch in the NFL on Sunday6h ago
- Louisville Football Stock Watch: Who’s up and Who’s down?8h ago
- Louisville Football vs. N.C. State: First-half grades for the Cardinals9h ago
- Louisville Football vs. N.C. State: Gameday preview and prediction13h ago