Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Preview
Penn State puts it’s four-game winning streak on the line Saturday night against the Iowa Hawkeyes.
The Penn State Nittany Lions took care of business this past week by dominating the Purdue Boilermakers 62-24. It was a trap game for the Nittany Lions, but James Franklin and company were able to avoid the road upset.
- No. 24 Penn State (6-2, 4-1) vs. Iowa (5-3, 3-2)
- Venue – Beaver Stadium
- Kickoff – 7:30 p.m.
- TV – Big Ten Network
- Coaches – James Franklin vs. Kirk Ferentz
- Conferences- Big Ten vs. Big Ten
Up next is a return to Beaver Stadium for another primetime game. Franklin took to Twitter after Saturday’s win to campaign for the Iowa game to be another White Out.
We need Beaver Stadium sold out & rocking next wk against Iowa! TOGETHER we are tough to beat! Who says we can only have 1 whiteout a yr!
— James Franklin (@coachjfranklin) October 29, 2016
With six wins already the Nittany Lions have their sights set on a 10-win season. This week’s game against Iowa could be the toughest remaining test.
Penn State has reeled off four straight wins, including a shocking upset of Ohio State. There’s been visible improvement on both sides of the ball, and perhaps more importantly, injured players have started to return.
Iowa enters the matchup with the Nittany Lions off a bye week. Prior to that, the Hawkeyes suffered a loss to Wisconsin.
Coming off an appearance in last year’s Big Ten Championship and the Rose Bowl, big things were expected from the Hawkeyes this season. However, losses to North Dakota State and Northwestern changed that.
Still, this Iowa has been a thorn in the side of the Nittany Lions. Although Penn State holds the 13-12 all-time series lead, the Hawkeyes have won four of the six meetings at Beaver Stadium since 2000. This year’s contest will be the first meeting between the two schools since 2012.
Be sure to check back all week, as the links will be updated below for all the information you’ll need for Penn State’s battle with Iowa.
Weekly Game Links:
More from Victory Bell Rings
- Analyzing the Penn State Depth Chart for the Iowa Game29m ago
- Big Ten Conference Power Rankings After Week 918h ago
- Penn State Football Morning Briefing: Franklin Wants a White Out, Lions Move Up in Poll, and Other News21h ago
- Penn State Moves up in Polls After Victory at Purdue1 d ago
- Penn State Football: Nittany Lions Open as Single-Digit Favorite Against Iowa1 d ago