Oregon Football Recruiting: Ducks Lose 4-Star CB Jacob Phillips To Oklahoma
The Oregon Ducks lost the services of standout Cornerback Jacob Phillips on Wednesday.
More from Autzen Zoo
- Oregon Basketball Recruiting: 4-Star Shooting Guard VJ Bailey Commits to Ducks6h ago
- Oregon Football Recruiting: Will Ducks Go After Another Transfer Quarterback For 2017?1 d ago
- Stop Your Whining, Now Is When The Oregon Ducks Need Fan Support1 d ago
- Oregon Football: Ducks Facing Hard Choices Ahead2d ago
- Oregon Ducks Sweep Past Washington State, Move Up to 16th2d ago
His first official visit was to the University of Oregon. Phillips even trained with current Oregon Duck Ugo Amadi. According to the Oregonian, the connection with his visit and the promise from the Coaching Staff for likely early playing time was not enough to pull him away from the Oklahoma Sooners.
4-Star Cornerback Jacob Phillips had visits to just four schools with the Ducks, Notre Dame, Alabama and Oklahoma.
The Oregon Ducks Defense is coming off their worst performance in a long time giving up 70 points against the Washingon Huskies last weekend. It is not known if the Ducks 2-4 start played a part in Phillips’ decision, but I believe if the Oregon Ducks were 4-2 or 5-1 that the narrative to this story may have a different ending.
There is no doubt that Jacob Phillips would have found his way on the field with the Ducks as a Freshman. He is 6 foot 3 and the Ducks could have also shuffled him into a different place on the field in the 4-3 Defensive Scheme.
— Jacob Phillips (@jacobphillips_1) October 12, 2016
Oregon is set to have their second practice of the Bye week on Thursday. They are also working on strength and conditioning. The Ducks hit the road next week to face the California Golden Bears on Friday.