Oregon Football: Matt Rhule Named Baylor Head Coach
Oregon Football has one less coach to consider in their search as Matt Rhule has a new home.
On Monday, Matt Rhule crept into the conversation for the Oregon Football Head Coach opening.
Tuesday he was named the Head Coach for the Baylor Bears. He leaves the Temple Owls where he led the team this season to an American Athletic Conference Championship over Navy. He is considered as an up and coming coach with back to back 10 wins seasons with the Owls.
Baylor’s current Head Coach Jim Grobe will step down following the Motel 6 Cactus Bowl according to ESPN to make way for Rhule. Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends Coach Ed Foley will be the interim head coach for the Temple Owls in their bowl game against Wake Forest according to the report.
The Baylor Bears have not had a good 2016. After firing Art Briles in May, there have been issues off the field and finished 2016 at 6-6. After a promising six win start, the Bears lost their remaining 6 games of the year. Baylor will play Boise State in the Cactus Bowl on December 27th.
Rhule is the first name to come off the list of possibilities for the Oregon Football team. For the Ducks, Rob Mullens is heading to Connecticut today to pay respects to Chip Kelly’s father who passed away earlier this week.
More from Autzen Zoo
- Oregon Football Recruiting: 5-Star QB Blake Barnett Commits To Arizona State37m ago
- Oregon Football: Matt Rhule Is Another Qualified Candidate For Ducks19h ago
- Oregon Football: Willie Taggart May Be The Favorite For Ducks20h ago
- Oregon Ducks Drop To 24 In AP Poll21h ago
- Oregon Ducks Women’s Basketball On The Cusp Of Being Ranked22h ago