Oregon Ducks In The NFL: 49ers Place Arik Armstead On Injured Reserve
The San Francisco 49ers will be without Arik Armstead the rest of the season.
More from Autzen Zoo
- Scouting The Competition: Stanford Running Back Christian McCaffrey Is Healthy19h ago
- Oregon Ducks Canton Kaumatule Medically Retires From Football22h ago
- Oregon Ducks Show Length and Depth Against Northwest Christian1 d ago
- Oregon Basketball Recruiting: 5-Star Shooting Guard Troy Brown Picks Ducks1 d ago
- Oregon Football: Is Phil Knight Pushing For A Coaching Change For The Ducks?2d ago
Chip Kelly is not having the best season in San Francisco. Following a big win at the start of the year against Los Angeles, the team has lost seven straight. Injuries have played a part and now Defensive Lineman Arik Armstead will head to Injured Reserve, ending the former Oregon Duck’s season.
Armstead was a first round pick last year and has played like one. In his second season, the Defensive Lineman is tied for the team lead in sacks at 2.5 with Ahmad Brooks, but his season has been hampered by injury. He injured his shoulder in training camp and has played in a handful of snaps his season. Armstead may need surgery to repair the joint according to the Sacramento Bee.
San Francisco also drafted another former Oregon Duck in DeForest Buckner this year in the hopes the two would be key role players this season, but it has not panned out as planned The two have played together in four games. Armstead has 15 tackles and 5 assists through 8 games this season. DeForest Buckner is having a solid rookie season with 38 tackles, 13 assists and 2 sacks.
The San Francisco 49ers visit Arizona this weekend for a 1:25pm PT kickoff on FOX.