Nebraska Football: Former Blackshirt Trevor Roach Retires
After a few years in the NFL, former Nebraska football player Trevor Roach has decided to hang up the cleats and call it a career.
There are jobs that aren’t jobs, passions they call them. You can show up, pour your blood, your sweat and your tears into something for ungodly hours but it’s all worth it. That’s what football was for Roach.
Now, football just isn’t what it used to be.
“Once I realized I didn’t love football like I used to, it wasn’t worth going forward,” Roach said. “The money’s good, but that’s not why I got into it. When I started showing up and it felt like work, that’s when I knew it was time,” Roach told Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson.
Roach also wasn’t a fan of seeing broken the broken down bodies of colleagues.
“I want to start my own career and I’ve seen guys play for 10 years and have their bodies beat up and I didn’t want to do that.”
- 2/10 – Nebraska Basketball: 2015 Football Invades Big Red Roundball
- 2/10 – Nebraska Football 2017: Six Cornhuskers Who Could Break Out
- 2/9 – Nebraska Basketball: How To Trap A Wisconsin Badger
- 2/8 – Nebraska Football: Big Spring Ahead for Five That Enrolled Early?
- 2/6 – Nebraska Football Recruiting: Projecting 2017 Post-Signing Day Depth Chart
The Elkhorn, Neb. native was always a gritty player for the Nebraska football team, the type of athlete who could lay a good lick and make a running back think twice about running his way.
All in all, he spent two years with the Cincinnati Bengal franchise and does have the rights to return if the spark comes back.
In the meantime, he will always be remembered as a Husker, is part of the Blackshirt brotherhood and his time wearing the cream shell with a scarlet “N” on it will never be forgotten.
More from Husker Corner
- Nebraska Basketball: 2015 Football Invades Big Red Roundball1 h ago
- Nebraska Football 2017: Six Cornhuskers Who Could Break Out7h ago
- Nebraska Basketball: How To Trap A Wisconsin Badger1 d ago
- Nebraska Football: Big Spring Ahead for Five That Enrolled Early?2d ago
- Nebraska Football Recruiting: Projecting 2017 Post-Signing Day Depth Chart3d ago