More Blue Devils Ruled Out After Suffering Injuries vs. Notre Dame
Duke Football will be without two more key players this weekend with running back Jela Duncan and linebacker Tinashe Bere ruled out against Virginia.
After losing starting quarterback Thomas Sirk and recently safety DeVon Edwards for the rest of the season, Duke Football recently received some more bad injury news. Running back Jela Duncan and linebacker Tinashe Bere will not play this weekend.
- 9/30 – More Blue Devils Ruled Out After Suffering Injuries vs. Notre Dame
- 9/29 – ACC Announces New Location for Conference Football Championship Game
- 9/29 – Duke Men’s Lacrosse Adds Top-Ranked Recruiting Class
- 9/28 – Duke Basketball Holding Open Practice This Weekend
- 9/28 – Duke Joins Early College Football Postseason Bowl Game Projections
Redshirt senior Jela Duncan is the leading rusher for the team and a key part of the offense. He recorded a career-high 121 rushing yards against the Fighting Irish along with a touchdown. Duncan reportedly suffered an ankle injury in last week’s game and will miss the upcoming game as a precautionary measure. Duncan will be the third team captain out for the game this weekend joining Edwards and Sirk. Duke will most likely turn to dynamic playmaker Shaun Wilson and reserve RB Joseph Ajeigbe to step in for Duncan.
Redshirt sophomore linebacker Tinashe Bere unfortunately suffered a worse injury, and is expected to miss the rest of the season after a significant knee injury suffered against Notre Dame. Bere totaled five tackles in Duke Football’s upset of the Fighting Irish last week coming off the bench. He will be harder to replace with an already thin rotation at linebacker, but fans should expect to see a bigger role from redshirt freshman Joe Giles-Harris and junior Zavier Carmichael.
We hope that both of these Blue Devils recovery quickly from their respective injuries, but until then Duke will have to overcome even more adversity in order to continue playing at a high level for the rest of the season.
More from Ball Durham
- ACC Announces New Location for Conference Football Championship Game1 d ago
- Duke Men’s Lacrosse Adds Top-Ranked Recruiting Class1 d ago
- Duke Basketball Holding Open Practice This Weekend2d ago
- Duke Joins Early College Football Postseason Bowl Game Projections2d ago
- High Expectations for Duke, ACC Basketball in 2016-17 Season3d ago