Louisville Football: Which former Cards can you watch in the NFL on Thanksgiving?
We take a look at which former Louisville football players that you can watch play in the NFL on Thanksgiving day.
Just in case you want to see a former Louisville football player in action on Thanksgiving, we have you covered. The only ex-Cardinal that will be playing is Pittsburgh Steelers’ wide receiver Eli Rogers.
Want your voice heard? Join the Big Red Louie team!
The Steelers will be heading to Indianapolis to take on the Colts in a match-up of two 5-5 teams. Both squads will be looking to pick up an important sixth win of the season and both teams need a win to keep their 2016 playoff chances alive.
Where: Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis, Indiana)
Date: Thanksgiving night at 8:30pm
Rogers is becoming a key part of the Steelers’ offense after spending some time being injured this season. A toe injury kept him sidelined for a few weeks, but he is slowly getting back into the swing of things.
He currently has 27 receptions for 300 yards and two touchdowns this season. The Colts’ secondary doesn’t have too much talent, therefore Rogers could be in for a special night on Thanksgiving day.
Indianapolis will focus most of their attention on Steelers’ receiver Antonio Brown, which will give Rogers more than enough opportunities to make big plays in front of a rowdy crowd Thursday night.
With that being said, I fully expect Pittsburgh and Rogers to going into Lucas Oil Stadium and get the victory.
More from Big Red Louie
- Louisville Football: 5 Cards most likely to get picked in the 2017 NFL Draft5h ago
- Louisville Basketball: 3 things to watch for against Old Dominion18h ago
- Louisville Football: How the Cards can get their 6th straight win over UK1 d ago
- Louisville Basketball: What happened in Dieng vs. Rozier on Monday night?1 d ago
- Louisville Basketball: Previewing the Old Dominion Monarchs1 d ago