Duke Football Releases New Throwback Helmets
Duke Football unveils new “Battleship Grey” helmets that will be worn later this season to honor the 1942 Rose Bowl team.
- 10/20 – Duke Football Releases New Throwback Helmets
- 10/20 – Three Blue Devils Named Top NCAA Women’s Soccer Freshmen
- 10/19 – Former Blue Devil Opens Up on Time With Duke Basketball
- 10/18 – Duke Featured in Several 2016-17 Must-See College Basketball Games
- 10/18 – Duke Women’s Basketball Adds Talented 2017 Guard
Duke Football advanced to the 28th annual Rose Bowl under head coach Wallace Wade. The game was originally scheduled to be played at the Rose Bowl Stadium in California, but was moved to Durham due to the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Duke has hosted the only Rose Bowl game not played in Pasadena but the Blue Devils lost to Oregon State 20-16 in what was then Duke Stadium on New Years Day in 1942. The Duke football program will celebrate Military Appreciation Day and honor the 1942 Rose Bowl team in the 75th anniversary season this year on November 5th for the Blue Devils’ next home game against Virginia Tech.
Duke was ranked as one of the all-time greatest college football programs, and the 1942 Rose Bowl team is a big reason why. Let us know what you think about the new helmets in the comments below and stay tuned to Ball Durham for all your Blue Devil news and updates.
— Duke Football (@Duke_FB) October 20, 2016