Third Blue Devil Reaches 1,000 Career Points This Season
For the second time this season, a Duke Women’s Basketball player has eclipsed the 1,000 point mark for their college basketball career.
Redshirt junior guard Lexie Brown recently became the second Blue Devil this season to score over 1,000 career points in Duke’s 68-61 win over Elon Thursday. Brown led the Blue Devils to a win over the Phoenix with 25 points, six rebounds, and 2 assists.
- 12/9 – Third Blue Devil Reaches 1,000 Career Points This Season
- 12/6 – Former Duke Player Will Be Honored by Having Jersey Retired
- 12/5 – Duke Guard Earns Player of the Week Award After Upset of Undefeated Opponent
- 12/3 – Duke Basketball Blows Out Maine With Bolden, Tatum Return
- 12/1 – Two Blue Devils Join Womens’ Naismith Trophy Watch List
Lexie Brown is competing in her first season with the Blue Devils after sitting out last year after transferring from Maryland. The 5-9 guard has started in every game for Duke and is averaging 17.0 points per game. Brown and redshirt junior guard Rebecca Greenwell, who also reached 1,000 career points earlier this season, have become one of the best duos in all of women’s college basketball. The “Splash Sisters” are leading Duke Women’s Basketball in scoring and both players were recently named to the Women’s Naismith Trophy Watch List awarded to the national player of the year.
Duke men’s guard Grayson Allen also reached the 1,000 career point mark this season in a win against Rhode Island in the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off. Duke Women’s Basketball jumped into the national polls for the first time this season at No. 21 after their huge upset over undefeated No. 3 South Carolina on Sunday. The program will break for exams and return to action on December 21 hosting Villanova. Congrats to Lexie Brown on reaching 1,000 career points this season!
More from Ball Durham
- Former Duke Player Will Be Honored by Having Jersey Retired2d ago
- Duke Guard Earns Player of the Week Award After Upset of Undefeated Opponent4d ago
- Duke Basketball Blows Out Maine With Bolden, Tatum Return5d ago
- Two Blue Devils Join Womens’ Naismith Trophy Watch List1 w ago
- Grayson Allen Shows Player of the Year Potential Against Michigan State1 w ago