Oregon Ducks Top Arizona, Ruthy Hebard Nets Double Double
The Oregon Ducks snapped a two-game losing streak with a road win at Arizona.
The road is not always an easy place to play in the Pac-12. For the Oregon Women’s Basketball team a trip to Arizona over the years has not always come at the best time. 2016 would be different. It would be a complete game for the Ducks over the Wildcats. Oregon led most of the way and Ruthy Hebard was able to get inside
Hebard was 9 for 10 from the field and led the team with 22 points pushing four players in double figures. Sabrina Ionescu struggled from the field and had just 5 points, but good players find ways to make plays. Hebard had a double-double. The Freshman had a team-high 7 assists. Oregon had 6 steals and 18 assists as a team in the 79-65 win over the Arizona Wildcats.
Maite Cazorla is beginning to show better instincts coming off a foot injury. She had 12 points. Lexi Bando had 16 points in the win, but was just 2 for 8 from beyond the arc.
Wins at this point in the season build confidence, especially road games. The goal is to get toward the Top 6 of the Pac-12 Standings, and winnable games are to be built on. The second game this weekend is another winnable contest against the Arizona State Sundevils.
Oregon continues the road trip vs Arizona State on Sunday. (11am Pacific Time, Pac-12 Network)
More from Autzen Zoo
- Former Oregon Football Wide Receiver Jalen Brown Lands With Northwestern Wildcats12h ago
- Dillon Brooks Leads Oregon Ducks To 71-70 Win Over Feisty Arizona State17h ago
- Oregon Ducks Look To Get Back On Winning Track vs Arizona State1 d ago
- Former Oregon Linebacker Boseko Lokumbo Lands With Baltimore Ravens1 d ago
- Oregon Football Gets Defensive On National Signing Day2d ago