Oregon Ducks Set To Celebrate Milestones On Opening Night
The Oregon Ducks tipoff the 2016 season on Friday night and celebrate one of their own behind the microphone.
More from Autzen Zoo
- Oregon Ducks Dillon Brooks, Chris Boucher Named To Player Of The Year Watchlist1 h ago
- Oregon Ducks Basketball Preview: Rebuilt Army Offers Lopsided Challenge21h ago
- Oregon Ducks Volleyball Drop Error Prone Match To Utah23h ago
- Oregon Ducks Dillon Brooks Named To USA Today All-America Team1 d ago
- Oregon Ducks In The NFL: 49ers Place Arik Armstead On Injured Reserve2d ago
For fans of College Basketball the Oregon Ducks have reached a height they have never seen before on the Basketball Landscape. For fans of College Football, it has been an underwhelming season for Oregon fans who have been clamoring for something to be hopeful about. Friday night brings the two together.
It will be one of the most anticipated season for Oregon Hoops in a very long time. The University of Oregon announced on Friday that they are expecting a close to sell-out crowd of over 10,000 fans to open the season against Army.
It will be the biggest opening night crowd for Oregon Men’s Basketball in their history. The team last month sold out of ‘The Lucenti Experience’ – a partial season ticket package in less than 60 seconds. Friday night will be the start of something special, not just for Dana Altman and the team, but for another voice we all know.
— GoDucks (@GoDucks) November 11, 2016
Public Address Announcer Don Essig will embark on his 50th season calling the Oregon Ducks on the Hardwood Friday night. He is just behind that mark at Autzen Stadium with this being his 48th season not allowing it to rain at the football home of the Oregon Ducks.
It will be an electric season at Matthew Knight Arena starting on Friday night against Army. Tipoff is set for 8pm Pacific Time on Pac-12 Network.