Oregon Ducks Dillon Brooks, Chris Boucher Named To Player Of The Year Watchlist
The Naismith Player of the Year Watchlist was released on Thursday and the Oregon Ducks and Pac-12 are well represented.
More from Autzen Zoo
- Oregon Ducks Basketball Preview: Rebuilt Army Offers Lopsided Challenge20h ago
- Oregon Ducks Volleyball Drop Error Prone Match To Utah22h ago
- Oregon Ducks Dillon Brooks Named To USA Today All-America Team1 d ago
- Oregon Ducks In The NFL: 49ers Place Arik Armstead On Injured Reserve1 d ago
- Scouting The Competition: Stanford Running Back Christian McCaffrey Is Healthy2d ago
As the Oregon Ducks begin the 2016 season on Friday night, Chris Boucher and Dillon Brooks were named to the Naismith Award Watch List. At the end of the season, the final name is awarded Player of the Year in College Basketball.
The Oregon Ducks on the list are joined by several other schools with more than one athlete. Duke also has two on the Top 50 Players to Watch to begin the season.
The Pac-12 Conference has five players in total with Arizona’s Lauri Markkannen, Cal’s Ivan Rabb, and Washington Freshman Markelle Fultz joining the Oregon Ducks duo of Brooks and Boucher.
Chris Boucher showed off some Offensive work on Monday night scoring 25 points in an exhibition game against Northwest Christian University. He also had a highlight dunk off a pass out of bounds from Dylan Ennis who was granted a sixth season of eligibility following a foot injury that kept him sidelined for most of last season for the Oregon Ducks.
It is Dillon Brooks who will get most of the attention this season. The Junior is coming off a foot surgery and should return to the Oregon Lineup by Pac-12 play in late December.
The 5th Ranked Oregon Ducks tipoff the 2016 season on Friday night hosting Army at Matthew Knight Arena. (8pm Pacific Time, Pac-12 Network)