Louisville Basketball: Highlights From Last Year’s Clemson Game
We take a look at the highlights from last season’s Louisville basketball game against the Clemson Tigers where the Cards lost.
The Louisville basketball team is coming off another great win over the Duke Blue Devils, but beating Clemson is something they haven’t done in a few years. The Cards went down to South Carolina last season and were upset by a 10-6 basketball team that was on a stretch of playing extremely well.
On the other side, Louisville came into this game 13-2, while already winning their first two conference games of the season.
However, an extremely poor shooting performance from the Cards led the Tigers to a huge victory over the Cardinals.
Even though this game was just a little over a year ago, it seems much further away than that.
Take a look at the starting lineup for the Cardinals when they played Clemson last season:
- Jaylen Johnson: 9 points
- Chinanu Onuaku: 14 points
- Trey Lewis: 10 points
- Donovan Mitchell: 2 points
- Damion Lee: 6 points
I think it’s safe to say now that if Damion Lee and Donovan Mitchell only scored 8 points combined, then there really shouldn’t be any surprise that the Cards lost this game to Clemson. Heck, they were just lucky that they weren’t playing someone even better on that day.
With that being said, Mitchell has a huge opportunity to make up for his poor performance against the Tigers on Thursday night. The Cards need someone to step up and be the leader on the floor, let’s hope that Mitchell is ready to answer the call.
More from Big Red Louie
- Louisville Basketball: 5 Crucial Questions For The Clemson Game58s ago
- Louisville Football: Eli Rogers’ 5 Best Games In A Steelers Uniform6h ago
- Louisville Basketball: One The Cards’ Biggest Hurdles Against Clemson6h ago
- Louisville Basketball: NBA Update On Harrell, Rozier, and Dieng8h ago
- Louisville Football: 6 ACC Players Picked In PFF’s 2017 NFL Mock Draft9h ago