Louisville Basketball: Cards’ Shooting Getting Better In ACC Play?
We take a look at the Louisville basketball team’s shooting numbers compared to the other teams in the ACC during conference play.
Every Louisville basketball fan knows that shooting isn’t this team’s greatest strength, but they are actually better than they were at the beginning of the season. The Cards have improved their shooting over the course of conference play, which is a large reason why they are rising to the top of the ACC standings.
You won’t find the Cardinals at the top of the ACC in shooting if you look at the entirety of the season, but they are much better if you look at what they have done since conference play began.
4th in the ACC: 78 points scored per game
1st in the ACC: +13.4 scoring margin per game
4th in the ACC: .467 field goal percentage per game
4th in the ACC: .386 three-point field goal percentage per game
That’s a huge difference when compared to their bottom-half ranking in the normal statistical rankings. I think we all can be encouraged that this team is getting better at the right time of the season.
More from Big Red Louie
- Louisville Basketball: The Boston College Eagles Are Fading Fast41s ago
- Louisville Football: Quotes From The Cards’ New O-Line Coach8h ago
- Louisville Basketball: NBA Update On T’Wolves’ Gorgui Dieng8h ago
- Louisville Basketball: NBA Update On Terry Rozier8h ago
- Louisville Baseball: Baseball America’s Projected Starters For The Cards1 d ago
Not to mention, it has been a total team effort that has given the Cards’ offense life over the past month. There have been key scoring contributions from literally everyone on this roster, but none more than Donovan Mitchell.