Iowa Basketball: Jordan Bohannon Named B10’s Freshman Of Week
The Big Ten named Jordan Bohannon the conference’s Freshman of the Week
Bohannon led Iowa to wins over Rutgers and Nebraska last week to cap off their current three-game winning streak and help Iowa improve to 14-10 on the season. He averaged 16 points, three assists, 2.5 rebounds and a steal per game last week and shot 62.5 percent from the field and 69.2 percent from three.
He also set the Iowa record for threes made by a freshman and is closing in on the freshman assist record, too. It’s telling of how good Bohannon has been this season since taking over the starting point guard role from Christian Williams earlier in the season.
On the season, Bohannon is averaging 9.4 points, 4.5 assists and 0.8 steals per game. He is fifth in the conference in assists per game. Bohannon is also shooting 35.8 percent from the field and 38 percent from three, as well.
— Big Ten Men's Hoops (@B1GMBBall) February 6, 2017
The Big Ten named Caleb Swanigan their Player of the Week for the fifth time this season. Swanigan averaged 24 points and 13 rebounds per game in two contests last week.
The Iowa Hawkeyes are back in action on Wednesday night in Minneapolis, MN, against the Golden Gophers.
More from Dear Old Gold
- Iowa Basketball: Game-By-Game Prediction For Rest Of Season3h ago
- Iowa Hawkeyes Morning Brew: February 6, 20177h ago
- Super Bowl: Jonathan Babineaux, Atlanta Falcons Fall To Patriots16h ago
- Game Awards: Iowa Basketball Wins Third Straight Conference Game21h ago
- Recap: Jordan Bohannon Shoots Iowa Basketball To Third Straight Win22h ago