Georgia Tech Basketball: Yellow Jackets Tournament Chances With Six Games Left
As mid-February hits, the last stretch of the college basketball regular season is also closing in on Georgia Tech, so where do they sit when it comes to making the NCAA Tournament?
Currently, according to TeamRankings.com, Georgia Tech holds about a 4.9% chance of making the NCAA Tournament. Currently, the Yellow Jackets hold a 15-10 with six games to play. Those six games won’t be easy as all their opponents outside Notre Dame are hoping for a strong homestretch to the season in hopes of making the tournament.
- 2/11 – Georgia Tech Basketball: Yellow Jackets host skidding Eagles in ACC play
- 2/10 – Georgia Tech Football Recruiting: Recapping the First Full Week for the 2018 Cycle
- 2/8 – Georgia Tech Baseball: Yellow Jackets 2017 Season Preview
- 2/7 – Georgia Tech Basketball: Jackets host Tusculum in non-conference matchup
- 2/6 – Georgia Tech Basketball Recruiting: Yellow Jackets Now In Race For Four-Star Forward
For the Yellow Jackets to make the tournament, it’s going to take an incredible run down the stretch. According to TeamRankings, it will take about 17 wins to even have the slightest chance of making the tournament. Even at that point, they’re chances would be just 0.8%.
At their current pace, the Yellow Jackets are on pace to be 19-12 once the season ends. With 19 wins, the Yellow Jackets would have about a, 13.4% chance of making it to the big dance. That being said, winning our of the next six games could be a tall order especially with Miami, Notre Dame, and Syracuse all on the schedule.
Obviously, the Yellow Jackets could use a strong run in the ACC tournament or even an ACC Tournament championship to make the tournament. If the Yellow Jackets could use a strong last six game stretch and a win or two in the ACC tournament and get to 20 wins. Twenty wins will be the magic number for the Yellow Jackets as according to TeamRankings, it will be knock the Yellow Jackets chances up to 55.3%.
With all that being said, if the Yellow Jackets can win four of their last regular season games, and sneak a win during the ACC tournament, they can have a great chance to make a tournament. With an already impressive resume including several great wins, the Yellow Jackets tournament chances are higher than expected.
Want your voice heard? Join the team!
The one thing for certain is that Josh Pastner’s young squad will be going up against it’s toughest test throughout the next few weeks.
More from Yellow Jacked Up
- Georgia Tech Basketball: Yellow Jackets host skidding Eagles in ACC play2d ago
- Georgia Tech Football Recruiting: Recapping the First Full Week for the 2018 Cycle2d ago
- Georgia Tech Baseball: Yellow Jackets 2017 Season Preview5d ago
- Georgia Tech Basketball: Jackets host Tusculum in non-conference matchup6d ago
- Georgia Tech Basketball Recruiting: Yellow Jackets Now In Race For Four-Star Forward6d ago