Auburn 69, Mississippi 68

Frankie Sullivan scored 19 points and grabbed a key rebound,

helping Auburn survive for a 69-68, double-overtime victory over

Mississippi on Saturday.

The Tigers (11-6, 1-2 Southeastern Conference) lost a 12-point

lead in the second half and didn’t make a basket in the second

extra period but managed to snap a three-game losing streak.

The 6-foot-1 Sullivan, who didn’t score in the first half, won

the battle for a rebound after Kenny Gabriel blocked Jarvis

Summers’ off-balance shot in the final seconds. He missed both free

throws but with 1-tenth of a second to play, the Rebels (10-7, 1-2)

had no time to get a shot off.

Neither team made a field goal in the second overtime until

Reginald Buckner’s dunk off a pass from Summers brought the Rebels

within a point with 34 seconds left.

That was it for the scoring.

Chris Denson dribbled across midcourt against the full-court

press but had the ball knocked away into Jarvis Summers’ hands. Ole

Miss coach Andy Kennedy then called timeout with 12 seconds left to

set up the final shot.

The teams combined for seven points in overtime No. 2.

Sullivan, who came off the bench, also had four assists and four


Denson scored 16 points while Gabriel had 11 points and 13

rebounds and played all but 2 minutes. Both were 4-of-12 shooting.

Varez Ward made just 2 of 13 attempts – and missed a potential

game-winner to close regulation – but had eight points and five


Summers went 4-of-8 from 3-point range and scored 22 points for

the Rebels. Nick Williams struggled to 5-of-18 shooting but had 13

points and a key 3-pointer.

Holloway had 11 points and 11 rebounds while Buckner collected

11 points and 10 boards.

They helped Ole Miss control the boards 49-39.

The Rebels, who beat Arkansas without making a 3-pointer,

launched 28 in this game and made only seven.

Summers scored the Rebels’ first six points in the initial

overtime to take a 63-62 lead. Then, Gabriel hit a 3-pointer with

1:35 left for his first points since halftime.

Terrance Henry, who was held to five points, tied it 65-65 with

a drive. Ward then missed a pullup jumper but Henry traveled after

grabbing the rebound, giving the Tigers the ball with 29 seconds

left. Sullivan lost control of the ball to send it into overtime

No. 2

Williams and Auburn’s Rob Chubb both fouled out in the second


Sullivan scored seven points to fuel a 12-2 run that put ahead

Auburn 39-27 with 12:12 left.

The Rebels worked their way back into it, and Williams tied the

game on a 3-pointer from the right corner with 13 seconds left in

regulation. Ward missed a bank shot as time expired.

Ole Miss scored six straight points over the final 28