Say What? Get answers to our sports quote quiz
How’d you do? Feeling confident?
Check your answers below and find out:
1. "He looks like he’s gained more muscle mass. When he was thinner and younger he was actually faster then. The strength maybe helps you get out of the rough but I’d agree that he’s overdone it. But he loves to work out."
Swing coach Hank Haney discussing former student Tiger Woods and his struggles at Torrey Pines, which Haney blames on too much working out.
2. ”I’m a grown man. I’ve been in locker rooms. There’s vulgar language used in locker rooms. One instance doesn’t bother me. It’s the persistence of it. I wish I would have had more tools to solve my situation. I felt trapped, like I didn’t have a way to make it right. It came down to a point where I thought it was best to remove myself from the situation.”
Jonathan Martin did an interview about why he walked away from the Miami Dolphins this fall, giving insight to the bullying scandal that rocked the NFL.
3. "I don’t think that I’m the reason that things have declined in our sport and why viewership is down. And I don’t think NASCAR is picking on me trying to keep me from winning a championship; I really don’t."
Six-time — and reigning — NASCAR champ Jimmie Johnson discussing the new rules that have been put in this offseason, which some have suggested are aimed at slowing him down.
4. "I’m bisexual. I like dudes. I have a boyfriend."
Willamette kicker Conner Mertens sums up his coming out to his teammates, coaches and the general public, a move he says has generated nothing but positive reactions and lifted a tremendous weight off his shoulders.
5. "The bottom line is, especially with the illegal drugs, I was spending all the money I was making anyway."
Chris Leben explains why he decided to retire from the UFC after his loss to Uriah Hall last month, saying that he spent most of his earnings on drugs and that the drug use in turn fueled his passion for the sport.