Say What? Get answers to our quote game quiz
So you think you did pretty well? We’ll be the judge of that.
Check out the answers below and let us know what you think in the comments.
1. "I know everyone has been social media-ing about the cold, so you may not care…But my mustache just froze while I was cleaning off my car!"
Cleveland Indians closer John Axford, adding his take on the polar vortex that has consumed us all the last couple of days. (Ed. note: I bet his pipes didn’t freeze up though. Stupid polar vortex.)
2. ”To me, I didn’t exclude Maddux. I excluded everybody from that era, everybody from the steroid era. It wasn’t about Greg Maddux, it was about the entire era. I just don’t know who did and who didn’t.”
Hall of Fame voter Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, explaining why the only player he voted for was Jack Morris, who is on the ballot for the final time and fell 42 votes shy last year. That’s Maddux for ya … poster boy of the steroid era.
3. "I don’t have any doubt that Charlie is a fine coach. I think he would make a great position coach, maybe a coordinator. But I don’t believe (he should be head coach at) what should be one of the three most powerful university programs in the world right now at UT-Austin. I don’t think it adds up."
Billionaire businessman/Texas booster Red McCombs explaining why he is less than thrilled with the choice for the new Longhorns’ coach. Some vote of confidence, eh Charlie?
4. "It was flogging a dead horse. It wasn’t going to happen. Our guys weren’t going to find anything extra. You could just see it their body language and their eyes."
Philadelphia 76ers coach Brett Brown explaining why he pulled some of his starters early in the third quarter of a loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
5. "Sequels to most movies are always fluff and not as good as the first. But it’s something we’ve been talking about for the last couple months. If we get a really good story line and are able to bring everybody back, then it would be something worth doing."
Jesus Shuttlesworth — aka Ray Allen — talking about the potential for a sequel to He Got Game, which he says he and Spike Lee have discussed recently. Side note: Is there really anybody clamoring for a He Got Game sequel?