Say What? Get answers to our quote game
OK, you made your guesses and didn’t cheat by googling or looking around the site, right?
Actually, looking around the site is fair game — we encourage it.
Anyway, here are the answers. Enjoy.
1. "No attempt to get open. I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play, whatever they decide. It’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen."
New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick was not pleased with his former wide out Wes Welker’s hit on cornerback Aqib Talib in the AFC championship game.
2. "Now I’m going to go for the ice bath for a long, long, time."
Stanislas Wawrinka finally got the better of Novak Djokovic at the Australian Open with an epic five-set quarterfinal win and needs some rest after cramping up.
3. "Obviously, I could have worded things better and could obviously have had a better reaction and done things differently. But it is what it is now, and people’s reactions are what they are."
Well, Richard Sherman is a cornerback, so he’s used to backpedaling. That’s exactly what he is doing after his controversial interview following the Seahawks win in the NFC title game.
4. "Um, Justin Bieber? … Justin, if you’re watching, hey."
When Genie Bouchard defeated Ana Ivanoic, 5-7, 7-5, 6-2, at the Aussie Open, she was asked who she’d want to date – any public figure that came to mind. She was honest, and well, she got booed.
5. "Obviously when we first played them, they embarrassed us. So obviously we needed to come back and get a payback, and kind of redeem ourselves because lately we’ve been playing better basketball and today was a great job of what we’ve been doing lately."
Kevin Garnett and the Nets took care of business and the slumping Knicks on Monday at Madison Square Garden.