Daily Buzz: Filming ‘Entourage’ has had its athletic setbacks
The list of famous sports figures making guest appearances in the upcoming Entourage movie is impressive, but the cameos haven’t come without complications.
For starters, Tom Brady wore this get-up on set — which, I mean, really with the glasses? — and then last week, another visit by a Super Bowl-winning quarterback left one of the movie’s stars with a broken leg.
According to Deadline, Kevin Connolly broke his left leg in two places on Friday while playing football on the set with Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. The site reports that the injury occurred with cameras rolling, but Connolly, who plays Eric “E.” Murphy on the show, seemed to be in good spirits later Friday evening:
— Kevin Connolly (@mrkevinconnolly) March 21, 2014
On Monday, Wilson posted the picture to his Instagram account with the caption: “My man @kconnolly88 banged up after Running a perfect post route. When he gets healthy watch out Wes Welker! #ARealHeartGuy #WhiteLightning”
Connolly’s ordeal certainly sounds painful but if you’re worried that the injury will put the long-awaited film on hold, fear not.
According to Deadline, Connolly — who made the catch on the play in question — iced his leg and returned to film the next scene shortly thereafter, and production of the film, set to be released on June 12, 2015, has not been delayed.
Now, for some links:
• Joel Embiid says he could have played in Kansas’ season-ending loss to Stanford.
• Mark Cuban says the NFL is 10 years from implosion.
• Some people are just more passionate about playing the cowbell than others:
• Turns out it is possible to make Kendrick Perkins smile — you just need to have a sea lion to do it:
• Ever wonder what it’s like to be Nick Swisher’s roommate?:
• This baby loves March Madness:
• Adam Silver will meet with LeBron James to discuss the league’s new sleeved jerseys after the season.
• Daniel Murphy went between the legs to throw out Bryce Harper in a spring training game Sunday.
• Here’s one way to celebrate a goal:
• Johnny Manziel can dunk:
• SO close:
• Check out the Boston Globe’s in-depth look at Jared Remy’s second chances.
• Mike Trout says he hasn’t heard anything about a contract extension with the Angels.
• Jameis Winston has an interesting description for the Clemson football stadium:
Our house 😌 pic.twitter.com/XuMGQWK0k5
— Jameis Winston (@Jaboowins) March 22, 2014
• An oldie, but a goodie:
Probably the best basketball Vine I've seen: https://t.co/qAXLlkFobl
— Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) March 24, 2014
• This kid is allegedly in sixth grade:
• Some Illinois lawmakers say the Big Ten needs another school in their state.
• The Oakland Raiders are staying in Oakland — unless they relocate to Los Angeles.
• A Mercer fan banished her Tennessee fan husband to a tent in the driveway for Sunday’s NCAA tournament game between the teams:
— Bridget Trogden (@BTrog) March 22, 2014
• Mercer guard Kevin Canevari’s pregame dance routine is pretty great, too:
• Drew Brees and his wife are big fans of the movie Noah:
— Drew Brees (@drewbrees) March 24, 2014
• An Indiana wide receiver is headed home after a swimming accident in Florida left him in a medically induced coma last week.
• The Pirates will honor Ralph Kiner with a jersey patch this season.
• Mark Sanchez’s message to Jets fans:
• Jordan Hill’s hair, though:
— Rob Perez (@World_Wide_Wob) March 24, 2014
• Baylor celebrated its win over Creighton by messing up Craig Sager’s hair: