Daily Buzz: Broncos short on Super Bowl tickets book party at Hooters
Super Bowl tickets can be tough to come by, even for the players themselves.
So when New Jersey natives and Denver Broncos players Robert Ayers and Mike Adams learned they wouldn’t be able to accommodate all of their friends and family for Sunday’s game, they did the next best thing and booked a party at Hooters instead.
According to NJ.com, Hooters’ Hackensack location will be brimming with Broncos fans after the defensive end Ayers and safety Adams couldn’t accommodate all of their ticket requests.
"Unfortunately, the NFL, they limit us to how many (tickets) you can buy. So you can’t buy tickets for everybody. Plus, they’re not cheap," Ayers, a native of nearby Jersey City, told the site. "So we have a little bar set up for my family to watch, and they’re going to watch and enjoy the game from there."
A manager at the restaurant confirmed the Broncos party to FOXSports.com, but said the restaurant will still be open to the public during the game. In addition, Ayers and Adams also held a signing along with Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno – another New Jersey native – at the location Wednesday night.
"I figured they have good food and, you know …," Ayers told NJ.com, noting that he was "just joking" about the scenery at the restaurant. "It’s just a great sports bar and a nice place for our families to go enjoy the game."
As for Adams, the Hooters location in Hackensack is about an 8-mile walk from MetLife Stadium, should he decide to walk there instead of home after the game.
Now, for some links:
• Tennessee has already sold its 40,000-seat allotment for its game two years from now at Bristol Motor Speedway.
• Magic Johnson snubbed Kobe Bryant when praising the NBA’s "Great Ones" on Twitter.
• Then he ripped the Lakers and Mike D’Antoni on the Tonight Show:
• Goalie busts out a double-skip, bar-down game winning shot in a water polo game. Pretty nasty:
• Oscar Pistorius’ murder trial will get its own TV channel in South Africa.
• Michael Strahan responded to Warren Sapp’s claims that Strahan doesn’t deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.
• Elsewhere on the FOX football panel, Jimmy Johnson got a new toy:
made new purchase….no more TSA check ins for me! pic.twitter.com/t5a9u1JieC
— Jimmy Johnson (@JimmyJohnson) January 29, 2014
• Seahawks center Max Unger has a sweet beard and is happy to talk about it:
• Nerlens Noel met a mini doppelganger on Tuesday:
• Ohio State quarterback coach Tom Herman sat in traffic for 17 hours while making the 50-mile drive from Marietta to Atlanta on Tuesday.
• Bo Pelini and George O’Leary apparently showed up at the same time at a recruit’s house this week. Can you say awkward?
• Well, that’s one way to execute a fast break:
• Ted Ligety channeled Blackstreet in this new JC Penney ad:
• Aaron Rodgers’ little brother ripped Vanderbilt after he had trouble training at the school.
• A South Carolina middle school student reportedly admitted to spiking Gatorade with a small amount of bleach at a basketball game.
• Aaron Hill’s teammates are showing him support as he competes in the Phoenix Open Pro-Am:
— Rob Schumacher (@RobSchumacher1) January 29, 2014
• Sweet new helmets from FAMU:
— Michael Felder (@InTheBleachers) January 29, 2014
• Which Major League teams have the best farm systems?
• Starting next season, the Phoenix Coyotes will be the Arizona Coyotes.
— Phoenix Coyotes (@phoenixcoyotes) January 29, 2014
• The Chicago Bulls uploaded a video congratulating Joakim Noah on making the All-Star team. One problem: The All-Star reserves aren’t officially being announced until Thursday:
• A.J. Burnett reportedly will not be retiring just yet, but that doesn’t mean he’s returning to the Pirates rotation.
• An Oregon dual-sport athlete has quit the Ducks basketball team to focus on academics and football.
• Guess he’s going to miss out on a Phil Knight bobblehead then:
— Andy McNamara (@McNamaraUO) January 27, 2014
• Even Jack Nicholson will partake in a selfie from time to time:
Jack Nicholson, duck-face selfie. pic.twitter.com/9MMV0PrynU
— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) January 29, 2014