Top 6 Diamondbacks trade deadline deals
The Diamondbacks have a short existence to this point, yet still managed to complete 28 trades leading up to — in the month of July — MLB’s non-waiver trade deadline the past 18 seasons.
Some of those trade were nonconsequential — like their first in 1998: RHP Reid Cornelius to the Florida Marlins for a player to be named later (minor leaguer Walt White was sent to Arizona in late-October to complete the trade). But others proved very meaningful.
With this year’s trade deadline arriving on Monday, here are the D-backs top six deadline deals to this point:
1. July 26, 2000: The Philadelphia Phillies traded Curt Schilling to the D-backs for Omar Daal, Nelson Figueroa, Travis Lee and Vicente Padilla.
2. July 8, 1999: The Florida Marlins traded Matt Mantei to the D-backs for a player to be named later, Vladimir Nunez and Brad Penny. The D-backs sent Abraham Nunez (Dec. 13, 1999) to the Marlins to complete the trade.
3. July 25, 2010: The D-backs traded Dan Haren to the Los Angeles Angels for a player to be named later, Patrick Corbin, Rafael Rodriguez and Joe Saunders. The Angels sent Tyler Skaggs (Aug. 7, 2010) to the D-backs to complete the trade.
4. July 30, 2010: The D-backs traded Edwin Jackson to the Chicago White Sox for David Holmberg and Daniel Hudson.
5. July 31, 2011: The Oakland A’s traded Brad Ziegler to the D-backs for Brandon Allen and Jordan Norberto.
6. July 31, 2014: The D-backs traded Gerardo Parra to the Milwaukee Brewers for Anthony Banda (minors) and Mitch Haniger (minors).
For a full list of the D-backs July trades, go here.
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Brad Ziegler
- Brandon Allen
- Daniel Hudson
- Edwin Jackson
- FOX Sports Arizona
- FOX Sports Arizona - Diamondbacks
- Gerardo Parra
- Ian Kennedy
- Mark Trumbo
- Patrick Corbin
- Tyler Skaggs