A few tidbits from Wisconsin’s 45-0 win over UMass:
• With the win, Gary Andersen has a career record of .500 for the first time since he was 3-3 in 2003 with Southern Utah.
• Wisconsin has now won 16 consecutive season openers, dating back to 1998 and 18 straight home openers, dating back to 1996.
• The Badgers have now won 27 consecutive nonconference home games, tied for the second-longest active streak in the FBS. The last nonconference home loss was Sept. 13, 2003 to UNLV.
• It was Wisconsin’s first shutout since beating Oregon State 35-0 Sept. 10, 2011. It was also UW’s most lopsided shutout since a 65-0 win over Temple on Sept. 10, 2005.
Wisconsin is now 30-2 all-time against MAC teams, including 28-2 at home.
• Wisconsin converted 8 of 11 third downs (72.7%), its highest single-game conversion percentage since converting 11-of-15 third downs (73.3%) against Washington State on Sept. 1, 2007.
• The Badgers had three players rush for 100 yards or more for just the third time. The others: Last year’s Big Ten title game and in 2008 against Indiana.
• Chris Borland passed Richard Jakious for 18th place and Mike Thompson for 17th place on UW’s all-time tackles list.
• Jared Abbrederis passed Al Toon for fifth place and Travis Beckum for fourth place on UW’s all-time yards receiving list.
• Abbrederis tied Nick Toon for fifth place on UW’s all-time receiving touchdowns list.
James White tied Brent Moss for seventh place on UW’s all-time touchdowns list.
Melvin Gordon had a career-high 13 carries and also posted his third 100+-yard rushing game.
• Abbrederis had his first touchdown reception since Oct. 6, 2012. He was held out of the end zone in the final eight games last season.
• Corey Clement is the first Wisconsin freshman to run for 100 yards in a game since P.J. Hill had 130 against Bowling Green on Sept. 2, 2006. Clement is the first “true” freshman to accomplish the feat (since 1972, when freshmen were allowed to play).
• Wisconsin did not have a tackle for loss. UW has game stats available for every game dating back to the 2001 season. The Badgers had at least one TFL in every one of those games.
• Freshman Sojourn Shelton had an interception in his first game. Wisconsin didn’t record an interception last season until its sixth game.
• Jeff Duckworth had the first catch for Wisconsin this season. He had nine receptions last year — and seven of those came against Oregon State. Also, last year he was never targeted by Joel Stave.
• Stave had his first rushing touchdown at Wisconsin. Last year he had -51 yards rushing (which includes sacks).