Packers backup QB Matt Flynn confident despite uncertain playing-time
DEC 18, 2013 5:40p ET
Here are five question-and-answer highlights with Flynn:
1. Are you expecting to start Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers?
FLYNN: "I don't know. I'm going to prepare like it. My mindset is I'm starting. Obviously, we all hope that Aaron plays, but my mindset is I'm starting just so I can prepare myself."
2. What's it like preparing every week without knowing for sure whether you'll start?
FLYNN: "It's fine. I've felt like I've gotten my preparation, I've gotten my work in in practice. Mentally, I've felt really good the last two weeks. Preparation-wise, for me, it hasn't been a problem."
3. What was the difference between your first half and second half in Dallas?
FLYNN: "I think it was probably more just that we got in sync, we got in more of a rhythm. Obviously the execution was different, but we got in a rhythm. I felt like I was seeing the field better. I just kind of cut it loose a little bit more."
4. Mike McCarthy said he was "concerned about letdown” coming off such an emotional comeback victory. Do you fear that could happen?
FLYNN: "I don't know. I feel like I've never really experienced that, coming off an emotional high and then people playing bad. We're all pros. We're all adults. We know how to handle ourselves. We've played this game enough. We know how to forget about the past and focus on the present."
5. In addition to James Jones calling you "the new Matty Ice,” he also said you're a "gamer.” Is that how you view yourself?
FLYNN: "I guess. I'm a competitive guy, I'm a hard-headed guy, so it's, I mean, trust me, we'd like to not be in these close games, we'd like to put up a bunch of points and do all that, but there's so much talent here, we're such a good team, especially on the offensive side of the ball. There's so many talented guys that a lot of times they make my job easy out there. I don't know. I've just always been one that keeps on fighting, whether it's stupidity or stubbornness or whatever it is."
Follow Paul Imig on Twitter