Kings center Stoll rushed to hospital after seizure
Kings center Jarret Stoll is expected to be released from the hospital Wednesday after suffering a seizure earlier in the day.
By L.A. TIMESFS West
Jarret Stoll was rushed to the hospital early Wednesday morning, having suffered a seizure in his Hermosa Beach home, according to Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi.
Lombardi said that a battery of tests were run on Stoll and that it was expected he would be released later in the day. He said Stoll was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Torrance and Lombardi visited him there later Wednesday morning.
"Everything is OK. They’ve run some tests and they still had another one to run," Lombardi told The Times. "The bottom line is that he’s fine. Now the issue is what caused it.
"There are a myriad of things that can cause them."
Stoll, 31, suffered a concussion on a hit from San Jose Sharks winger Raffi Torres in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinal playoff series. He missed the rest of that series but returned in time for the first game of the Conference Final against Chicago.
That was not the first concussion Stoll suffered. He also suffered one in the 2006-07 season while playing for the Edmonton Oilers.