The following promotion is intended for participants in the 48 contiguous United States and Washington D.C. only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal U.S. resident residing in the 48 contiguous United States or Washington D.C. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules (“Official Rules”) below.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “UFC Spring Sweepstakes” (the "Sweepstakes") will take place on four (4) distinct dates associated with four (4) UFC fight broadcasts as detailed in Section 3 below (each an “Entry Period”, collectively the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is FOX Sports 1, LLC, 10201 W. Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035 ("Sponsor"). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"), 189 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801. Ultimate Fighting Championship is not responsible for the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or Prizes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To participate, Entrants must meet the following eligibility criteria and affirmatively accept these Official Rules:
· Entrant must be a legal U.S. resident physically residing within the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or Washington D.C. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where restricted or prohibited by law;
· Entrant must be at least twenty one (21) years of age;
· Entrant must be a registered user of Twitter and a follower of @FOXSports1. Registration on Twitter is free and can be obtained at www.Twitter.com;
· Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the Twitter account associated with the entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person in whose name the email account associated with the Twitter account was opened;
· Entrant, if selected as the Grand Prize winner, must be available to travel between July 4, 2014 & July 7, 2014 (exact dates will be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion); and
· Entrant must NOT be an employee, shareholder, officer, director, agent or representative of Sponsor, Administrator (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), or each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives or promotion and advertising agencies nor can Entrant be the Immediate Family Members and/or Household Members of such persons. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether or not related; "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses regardless of where they live.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may participate by visiting the Sweepstakes page located at http://www.foxsports.com/UFCSweeps (“Website”) and following the onscreen instructions, or by accessing Twitter directly via Entrant’s desktop or mobile device. To participate, Entrants must have a Twitter account and become a follower of @FOXSports1. If you already have a Twitter account, log on using your Twitter user name and password, then become a follower of @FOXSports1 by searching for “FOXSports1,” clicking on the @FOXSports1 icon and then clicking the "Follow" button. If you do not already have a Twitter account, create a Twitter account according to the instructions on Twitter.com and follow @FOXSports1 as indicated above. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Twitter Terms of Service in order to create a Twitter account. Once Entrant is a follower of @FOXSports1, Entrant must submit a "Tweet" of one hundred and forty (140) characters or less that includes the hashtag “#UFCSpringSweeps” (the “Entry”) during one (1) of the Entry Periods to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes.
Entry Period Chart
Entry Period Date
Entry Period Time
Entry Period 1
April 16, 2014
12:01a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) – 11:59p.m. PT
Entry Period 2
April 19, 2014
12:01a.m. PT – 11:59p.m. PT
Entry Period 3
April 23, 2014
12:01a.m. PT – 11:59p.m. PT
Entry Period 4
April 26, 2014
12:01a.m. PT – 11:59p.m. PT
Entries should NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of Promotion Entities, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), defamatory, libelous, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., illegal gambling, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means, or that do not comply with Twitter’s Terms of Service will be disqualified. Entrants must be able to receive direct messages via Twitter. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST ENTER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion, and notice will be posted on the Website.
4. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential winner will be selected via random drawing from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period on or about April 29, 2014. Potential winner will be contacted via “Direct Message” on Twitter. ENTRANT MUST BE A FOLLOWER OF @FOXSports1 AND ABLE TO RECEIVE DIRECT MESSAGES IN ORDER TO BE CONTACTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER.
The potential winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy two (72) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Potential winner will be required to verify address and complete, sign, and return within three (3) days an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents") covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Failure to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries for that prize. A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go un-awarded if it remains unclaimed. Administrator and/or Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Winner must provide Sponsor with a valid Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes.
Grand Prize (1)
The Grand Prize consists of a 4-day /3-night trip to Las Vegas, NV (the “Trip”) currently scheduled to take place July 4 – 7, 2014. The Trip will consist of the following: (a.) round-trip coach class air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from a major airport near winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor) (or ground transportation, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, if winner lives within a 200 mile radius of Las Vegas, NV); (b.) Three (3) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (one room, double occupancy, room & tax only); (c.) airport transfers to/from airport and hotel in Las Vegas (if applicable); (d.) $250 spending cash for the winner only; (e.) and one (1) VIP UFC Experience Package for the winner and his/her guest which consists of two (2) UFC Fan Expo passes, two (2) “UFC 175” passes, and two (2) “TUF 19” Finale passes. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $4,500
TRIP MUST BE TAKEN FROM JULY 4, 2014 THRU JULY 7, 2014 OR THE GRAND PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED. If the potential winner is not available or fails to travel during the specified times then he or she will forfeit the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to change travel dates and to substitute any or all of these portions of the prize for a prize of comparable or greater value should they become unavailable or impractical for any reason. The winner’s guest will be required to sign and return a guest eligibility/liability/publicity and media release. Grand Prize winner’s guest must be twenty one (21) years of age, or Grand Prize winner must be guest’s parent or legal guardian, and must also sign all required guest releases on such minor guest’s behalf. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any prize. Any other costs or expenses associated with the prizes will be the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Actual retail value of Grand Prize will depend on point of departure, date of booking, any airfare fluctuations, and seasonal pricing; any difference will not be awarded. All bookings (flight and hotel) are subject to availability, changes in itinerary and other restrictions. Grand Prize Trip must be booked through Administrator. Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip. Airline for Trip to be selected by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Once Trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Sweepstakes Entities sole discretion. If winner elects to travel without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for all incidentals, including, but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges, including, without limitation, any baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable fees. Sweepstakes Entities will not obtain travel insurance on behalf of the winner or guest. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare will be charged to the winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Winner and guest must have and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for travel, including, but not limited to, a valid U.S. driver’s license or government issued ID. Sponsor is not responsible if winner or guest are denied access to any aircraft or entry/re-entry into destination country. In such an event, winner and/or guest will be solely responsible for any expenses incurred and the Grand Prize may be forfeited, in whole or in part. Winner must comply with all hotel check-in requirements including, without limitation, the presentation of a major credit card. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to the proximity of the winner’s residence to the destination, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Airline tickets and admission tickets are subject to the rules and regulations of the applicable issuer. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person, except at discretion of Sponsor. Other restrictions may apply.
Trip Conduct: Winner and guest shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. The winner and guest shall not, while representing the Sweepstakes Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The winner and guest shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Sweepstakes Entities in society or bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event the winner or guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the winner and guest home with no further compensation.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that he or she may win, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities, each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prize. Each Entrant, as a condition of receiving a prize, authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information, but may do so and may edit such information, at Sweepstakes Entity’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out‑of‑pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out‑of‑pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES, THE WEBSITE AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum’s Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. SPONSOR: Fox Sports 1, LLC, 10201 W. Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035
12. ADMINISTRATOR: Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 South Orange Ave., Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801.
13. Prize Winner List: For the name of the prize winner, or a copy of these official rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “UFC Spring Sweepstakes” Winner’s List or Rules, 189 South Orange Ave., Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801 (VT Residents may omit return postage) by May 9, 2014.
The SWEEPSTAKES is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, TWITTER. twitter IS completely released of all liability by each entrant in this SWEEPSTAKES.