Ivan Menjivar becomes second UFC veteran to be cut in two days
MAR 21, 2014 4:54p ET
The UFC has taken out the chopping block this week.
On Thursday night, Melvin Guillard was cut by the organization and Ivan Menjivar befell the same fate Friday, according to MMAFighting.com.
Menjivar (25-12) has lost three in a row, the latest a decision defeat to Hatsu Hioki earlier this month in Macao. The El Salvador native was on his second stint with the UFC, having previously fought at UFC 48 in 2004, a loss to Matt Serra. He compiled a 4-5 record in the UFC.
In the UFC, Menjivar, 31, won three in a row in 2011 and 2012. The Tristar Gym product and WEC veteran competed at both featherweight and bantamweight under the Zuffa banner.
Menjivar's manager Mitch Mayberger told MMAFighting.com that his client is still interested in fighting.
"I will be feeling out offers and discussing with Ivan and his head coach Firas Zahabi and doing whatever works best for him," Mayberger said.