Brendan Schaub has interesting plans for his very near future — he wants to compete at Metamoris and wouldn’t mind fighting Frank Mir next.
Schaub said on his Fighter & The Kid podcast on FOX Sports that he’d like to be added to the Metamoris 4 card that already features jiu-jitsu bouts with Chael Sonnen and Josh Barnett. And he would "love" to fight Frank Mir "any time, anywhere."
"We’re both cocky, we both have huge egos," Schaub said of himself and Mir. "Can you imagine the countdown for that? People would be like, ‘I hate both these guys. I hope there’s a double knockout. I hope he knocks him out and they both never fight again.’ I love Frank Mir."
As for Metamoris, Schaub said he would do it for free and against anyone promoter Ralek Gracie pits him against. The UFC heavyweight was criticized for a lack of action in his last Metamoris bout against Ricardo "Cyborg" Abreu last year. Schaub promised nothing like that would happen again. Metamoris 4 is Aug. 4 and includes Sonnen against Andre Galvao and Josh Barnett versus Dean Lister.
"I would do Metamoris for free and I’d jump to guard, how about that?" Schaub said. … "I will scoot [on] my butt to the middle of the arena. Match me up with whoever you want. I need something to do."
Schaub (10-4) is coming off a controversial split decision loss to Andrei Arlovski at UFC 174 earlier this month. He was suspended following that fight for 90 days by the Vancouver Athletic Commission, so any potential bout with Mir wouldn’t be able to happen until October at the earliest.
Schaub said he respects Mir, but would be very interested in that fight. Mir is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Alistair Overeem at UFC 169 in February.
As far as a jiu-jitsu match against Mir, Schaub is open to that, too.