George Zimmerman vs. DMX boxing match canceled, says promoter
Damon Feldman, the celebrity boxing promoter who announced this week DMX would be boxing the infamous killer of Trayvon Martin, said on Twitter on Saturday that the entire thing is off. Surprise, surprise.
Celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman wrote on Twitter on Saturday that he had gotten cold feet – and he wants nothing to do with a match-up involving Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin in 2012.
“I want to thank everyone for the good n bad comments I’ve made the choice to cancel the fight w George Zimmermann more to life (than) money,” Feldman wrote.
All the tweets related to the cancellation of the bout have been deleted as of Saturday evening. Publicist Domenick Nati confirmed in a statement, however, that the fight – which was never official in the first place – will not occur.
The George Zimmerman fight is canceled I’m sorry for anyone I hurt with this but this was a very big opportunity thank you
"Damon Feldman has announced that the George Zimmerman fight is cancelled via his Twitter,” Nati said. “As previously stated, DMX never agreed to the fight and we thank you for all of the support from DMX’s fans. This situation will not affect any of DMX’s upcoming concerts in America or around the world."