Tennis

Juan Monaco out of Kooyong Classic

Share This Story

   
 

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP)

Juan Monaco of Argentina has pulled out of the Kooyong Classic exhibition tournament with a hand injury and has been replaced by Paul-Henri Mathieu of France.

Tournament director Colin Stubbs said Monaco ''has been advised by the doctor not to play in the next few days with the hope that he can take his place in the Australian Open.''

Monaco is seeded 11th for the Australian Open, which begins next Monday. That's one better than his world ranking of 12 because of the absence No. 4 Rafael Nadal.

Stubbs also said last year's Australian Open quarterfinalist Kei Nishikori was uncertain for the eight-man tournament due to the left knee injury that forced him to pull out of his Brisbane International semifinal against eventual champion Andy Murray.

Related Stories

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by



Tennis Videos

Djokovic tops Federer in five-set Wimbledon final Posted: Jul 06, 2014
Novak Djokovic captures his second Wimbledon title while denying Roger Federer a...

Dramatic Moments of the Week: 6/2-6/8 Posted: Jun 09, 2014
We count down the most dramatic moments from the week in sports, including the K...

Williams sisters bounced at Roland Garros Posted: May 28, 2014
Andy Roddick on Venus and Serena losing on the same day at the French Open.

More Than Sports on MSN

Fox Sports Store