FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Monday, June 10
This weekend gave us everything we love about sports.
Palace Malice won the Belmont, which can only make you think of this:
And Rafael Nadal won the French Open despite this guy's shenanigans:
As for the rest of the weekend, here are some of the things you may have missed — or may just want to relive:
• For example, you didn’t miss this block, but you should still see it again (and again, and again):
• A girls high school field hockey coach (whose team went 0-19) is being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old male student.
• Meanwhile, in Michigan, a hoops coach is in trouble for a series of tweets directed at an 8th grade prospect.
• Charges have been dropped against a volunteer football coach accused of injuring a 13-year-old player on the sideline in Utah.
• Mike Tyson danced with Neil Patrick Harris at the Tony Awards:
• Mark Richt got "crunk" after landing a recruit?
• Here's a neat interactive map of the course at Merion for this week's U.S. Open.
• Stephen Strasburg's next start will be on Sunday against the Indians.
• Barrel Man's barrel is staying in Colorado.
• Ref-cam made its debut in the WNBA on Saturday.
• This neat then-and-now Spurs gif has been making the rounds:
• Steelers RB Baron Batch is quite the artist.
• The Vikings' Jared Allen is a disciple of the late Deacon Jones.
• Brother pays tribute to sibling on golf course days after unexpected death.
• Brady Quinn a class act in the aftermath of the Jovan Belcher murder-suicide.
• Hank Azaria introduced the Dodgers lineup as Moe, Apu and Chief Wiggum from The Simpsons:
• There was a bettors' buffet in Las Veags as Golden Nugget posts first college football betting numbers.
• Ottawa's new CFL team is being called the RedBlacks. Go ahead, guess their color scheme.
• Trenton Titans fans who purchased advance tickets for the canceled 2013-14 season have still not been refunded.
• A Colorado wrestler is on the road to recovery after a freak propane explosion.
• The women's golf coach at St. Mary's is a true inspiration.
• Also inspirational? This Central Michigan recruit who vows to play football again as he battles leukemia.
• Texas Rangers reliever Michael Kirkman is battling a recurrence of cutaneous lymphoma.
• New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist is on a Swedish postage stamp:
• Top hoops recruit Andrew Wiggins is headed to summer school at Kansas. (At least this will be his only one!)
• One top RB recruit's secret? Bikram yoga.
• The Red Sox spent a 28th round pick on Florida QB Jeff Driskel.
More Stories From Sam Gardner