Tennis

Nadal pulls out of season-ending World Tour Finals

Share This Story

   
 

MADRID (AP)

Rafael Nadal has pulled out of next month's season-ending World Tour Finals because of a longstanding left knee injury.

The Spaniard, who hasn't played since June, will also miss next week's Paris Masters.

The 26-year-old Nadal says ''it doesn't come as a surprise. I will hopefully resume my tennis practice soon since I am making good progress with my recovery from injury.''

The French Open winner, an 11-time Grand Slam champion, has said he hopes to return in time for January's Australian Open. He is scheduled to play at an exhibition event in Abu Dhabi at the end of December.

Only the ATP's top eight players reach the Nov. 5-12 World Tour Finals in London, and the fourth-ranked Nadal had already qualified.

Related Stories

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by



Tennis Videos

Djokovic tops Federer in five-set Wimbledon final Posted: Jul 06, 2014
Novak Djokovic captures his second Wimbledon title while denying Roger Federer a...

Dramatic Moments of the Week: 6/2-6/8 Posted: Jun 09, 2014
We count down the most dramatic moments from the week in sports, including the K...

Williams sisters bounced at Roland Garros Posted: May 28, 2014
Andy Roddick on Venus and Serena losing on the same day at the French Open.

More Than Sports on MSN

Fox Sports Store