Riders have commented that this is the most difficult track of the season. The dirt has deteriorated quite a bit, resulting in a lot of ruts, some extremely deep. The whoops have become a focal point because how much they’ve rutted up and many riders have fell while trying to navigate them. Attrition has been higher than usual, but fortunately everyone has been able to get back on the bike and continue.
Ryan Dungey made the first statement in the premier class by topping the charts in the first session but James Stewart edged him out in the final session with a 54.047 compared to Dungey’s 54.234.
Dean Wilson and Cole Seely are making their first 450SX Class starts of the year as fill-ins for Chad Reed and Justin Barcia. Seely edged out Wilson, in 11th and 12th, respectively.
In the 250SX Class, Adam Cianciarulo had some trouble in the first practice but came out strong in the final session of the evening to sit atop the charts with a 54.629 to lead a Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki 1-2-3.
Coverage of round nine of the Monster Energy Supercross Championship kicks off tonight (March 1) at 7:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
1. James Stewart – Yoshimura Suzuki: 54.047
2. Ryan Dungey – Red Bull KTM: 54.232
3. Wil Hahn – GEICO Honda: 54.556
4. Ken Roczen – Red Bull KTM: 54.834
5. Eli Tomac – GEICO Honda: 55.106
6. Ryan Villopoto – Monster Energy Kawasaki: 55.262
7. Josh Grant – Toyota/Yamaha/N-Fab/JGRMX: 55.288
8. Broc Tickle – RCH Racing/Soaring Eagle Suzuki: 55.491
9. Josh Hill – RCH Racing/Soaring Eagle Suzuki: 55.666
10. Justin Brayton – Toyota/Yamaha/N-Fab/JGRMX: 55.747
1. Adam Cianciarulo – Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki: 54.629
2. Martin Davalos – Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki: 54.751
3. Blake Baggett – Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki: 54.809
4. Jeremy Martin – Yamalube/Star Racing Yamaha: 54.989
5. Justin Bogle – GEICO Honda: 55.425
6. Blake Wharton – GEICO Honda: 55.487
7. Jimmy Decotis – TLR Performance Honda: 55.829
8. Matt Lemoine – JAB Motorsports Kawasaki: 55.921
9. Jace Owen – The Factory Metal Works Honda: 56.322
10. Matt Bisceglia – GEICO Honda: 56.484